El curioso caso de Erik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

because overall eriksen has been a lot better in his overall contribution & influence. as well as scored a really good amount. way more than lamella.
you are too focused on your stats my friend. & even then, the stats back up that eriksen has been a lot better overall than lamella. if u think lamella has been better than eriksen this season then that's up to u!
I think your mad! you cant even compare there overall contribution & influence to this team this seasons.
oh & I just realised both erikson & lamella have the same amount of assists in the premiership! erikson just kills him on goals!

Last edited:
when_i_accidentally_walk_into_the_wrong_locker_room-45009.gif

because overall eriksen has been a lot better in his overall contribution & influence. as well as scored a really good amount. way more than lamella.
you are too focused on your stats my friend. & even then, the stats back up that eriksen has been a lot better overall than lamella. if u think lamella has been better than eriksen this season then that's up to u!
I think your mad! you cant even compare there overall contribution & influence to this team this seasons.
oh & I just realised both erikson & lamella have the same amount of assists in the premiership! erikson just kills him on goals!
He never said Lamela was better than Eriksen. He did say he's better than Townsend, which is pretty clear, and he's been better than Lennon as well.

I am not sure why you're comparing players in different positions so eagerly. Eriksen has been great as a 10. Lamela hasn't been played as one. He's been played at right wing, and been better than anyone else we've tried there this year. That includes a long stretch of games with our right back options being Naughton, Chriches and Dier, which is not conducive to offensive production from any right wing player.

I would like to see him get a chance as a 10, to see how he would compare against Eriksen in the same role. At the moment, that kind of judgement can't be made.

The closest would be comparing Eriksen's games at left wing this year to Lamela's at right wing, to see who's better in a meaningless comparison of players in sub-optimal positions.

He has made 1.7 key passes per game in the premier league. So that is 32 chances created, or passes leading to a chance being created in 19 games this season. Can't blame him that only 5 of those 32 have been put away.

So you are saying that if Lamela passes to Chadli, and Chadli makes an assist, we are going to credit Lamela with a key pass?
What about the guy that passed it to Lamela...shall we bump up his stats too?

32 chances created? Thats fucking hilarious to say the least. What the stats dont do is define a "chance"...he passed to someone who had three defenders around him and couldnt get his shot off? Does that count?

By comparison, Christian Eriksen has made 2.4 key passes per game and also only got 5 assists. Andros Townsend however has made 1.1 key passes per game and Chadli 1.3, and as the article points out, Erik Lamela is our most successful tackler up front.

In 2010/11, Modric got 5 assists in 44 games. I guess the stats prove Lamela is a better option in our midfield to you then.

I'm actually starting to wonder if half the people in here actually read the article, which clearly shows that statistically speaking, he is about twice the player Andros Townsend is, with about a fifth of the premier league experience.

Im starting to wonder if people are watching our games, instead of reading graphs

Even when lamela is played right wing, he is very rarely there. He naturally drifts into the centre all the time, which is why we have no width.

The closest would be comparing Eriksen's games at left wing this year to Lamela's at right wing, to see who's better in a meaningless comparison of players in sub-optimal positions.

The problem with that is that Eriksen has never played left wing under Poch, and Lamela is never played at right wing. They are central attacking midfielders, who play across the whole front line.

Poch would have been encouraged to do whatever he can to get the best out of Lamela and play him given the money spent on him, guaranteed.

For me, he lacks the pace to get away from his opponent and such is really struggling to get into positions where he is most dangerous (final 3rd/around the box), if you watched him play in Italy, this is where he was catching the eye and really contributing to games.

We don't dominate teams enough for him to concentrate on that side of his game, and personally, I am worried he will never really take off at Spurs.

He sees something in Soldado, Townsend and Paulinho too...whats your point?
The manager is never wrong?

Our performances since beating Woolwich go against that somewhat

And this is my fear. History repeating itself. Beat Woolwich in February and then barely scrape together another 5 wins. Here we bloody go again...

:paulinhobored:

And this is my fear. History repeating itself. Beat Woolwich in February and then barely scrape together another 5 wins. Here we bloody go again...

It will feel terrible if we lose tomorrow at Wembley, but I dont think it will be doomsday.

I actually dont think our league form will reflect any kind of great, heroic victory should we pull it off. Quite the opposite. The norm for Spurs is not to follow a great scalp with a run of wins.

Didnt we lose to Hull a few days after beating Milan away..?

We dont thrive well on the wave of exstacy. A loss tomorrow might actually do us more favours in the long run, although Id happily take the cup and finish 8th.

For fuck sake ,on the eve of a final ,get a fucking grip,if not don,t be so fucking negative,and don,t come back with that realist shit .

Back
Top Bottom