El curioso caso de Erik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has quietly been a relatively consistent creator of goals, which I think says a lot considering he is sometimes considered as a player with a superficial flair but without proper football intelligence. Needless to say he would have a few more assists too were our strikers not lumps, prior to Kane anyway

I'd rather have Townsend and Lennon fighting for the right wing position, with the £30m still in the bank.....
No. You would moan about us not getting Lamela and how much differece he eiuld have made. Oh had levy just been a tiny bit less cheap.:lamelashock::soldadowatch:

Sometimes I wish these "flair" players would grow up so to speak.

They have all this natural skill, yet often it isn't utilised. Take Erik. In the position he plays all he really should focus on now, is really

1) using that skill into controlling the ball in 1st touch and facing the opposition goal ASAP.
2) beating that first man, who always forechecks him, inside or outside, in his next touch
3) moving on the ball forward with that same skill and his considerable vision for play with his final touch.

Erik works very hard in his pressing and has clearly manned up. If he could do the above on a regular basis in game he'd be a monster of a player.

Sometimes simple is good, for flair player too.

I really wouldn't.
how could you know ?:lennon:
:pochbye:
wat-ermenlon.jpg

how could you know ?:lennon:
:pochbye:
wat-ermenlon.jpg
Because we've been in the same situation with other payers as well.

My point was, and still is, that if I had to choose between the 2 players for a one off game today, i'd take Taarabt.

Because we've been in the same situation with other payers as well.

My point was, and still is, that if I had to choose between the 2 players for a one off game today, i'd take Taarabt.
1379481881273.jpg

(i'm not in the Lamela bandwagon btw)

I didn't say anything of the sort. But hey, if thinking that makes you feel better then that's just fine with me.
no, i actually respect other opinions.. or was it onions...
i dont get into internet arguments (read ArcspacE) , but i just wanted to be a cheeky cunt for a day. :adebaehug:

i dont even remeber what was this all about. and i dont care.

cheers

Here is for hoping Lamela comes good !:freundgoal::levywtf:

no, i actually respect other opinions.. or was it onions...
i dont get into internet arguments (read ArcspacE) , but i just wanted to be a cheeky cunt for a day. :adebaehug:

i dont even remeber what was this all about. and i dont care.

cheers

Here is for hoping Lamela comes good !:freundgoal::levywtf:
You have no idea how much I want him to come good. Soldado as well for that matter.....

Lad needs to play better football.

In a nutshell yup. He has great moments & some shocking ones but he needs to play the game consistently .

He's one of those players U want to get off your seat when he gets the ball but sadly I'd say , at the moment , it's 70 % disappointment when he does.

Back
Top Bottom