Disloyalty confessions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excellent thread was thinking of doing this one myself

At 8 years old as Michael Thomas scored I found myself leaping up as it seemed so exciting with the commentary and all but then realised what it meant....

I went out for a ciggy when we were two goals down with just a couple of minutes to go. Just couldn't see a way back for us. When I came back the match had already ended and I had turned my laptop off, so didn't learn until the next morning we had come back from 4-2 to draw with the Goons.

Disloyal? I don't know maybe, but who hasn't stopped watching or left early ever? Serves me right for doing so in a NLD. It certainly still is a huge regret for me.

Disloyal? I don't know maybe, but who hasn't stopped watching or left early ever? Serves me right for doing so in a NLD. It certainly still is a huge regret for me.
Me.

I can honestly say that I've never left WHL early, nor do I turn us off when watching TV just because we're losing. If I'm honest, I don't understand that mentality.

Me.

I can honestly say that I've never left WHL early, nor do I turn us off when watching TV just because we're losing. If I'm honest, I don't understand that mentality.

I agree and that's just about the only time I've done it. In my defence, I thought I'd make it back before the final whistle, but the elevator was out of order.

Not to do with me but a family I knew growing up, when the dad died (Arse fan) one of his sons (Spurs fan) had to put on an Arse top for the day as one of the dads final wishes.

Love my dad but he's a West Ham fan, hope when his time comes I don't have to put a hammers shirt on. Got an imagine of my dad one day on his bed saying there is something I need you to do when I am gone then handing me a full West Ham kit.

Me.

i have already switched the channel at times or went out for a walk because i was fuming, i know if i keep watching then i'll ruin the rest of my day/week depending on the game.

I never fly emirates btw, always ask for another flight. When i use a travel agent that's one of the first conditions i put on the table.

Me.

While l can understand Builder for that one, I agree. My thinking is that you're never going to see last gasp equalisers and dramatic late winners if you leave early. They're the best bits.

While l can understand Builder for that one, I agree. My thinking is that you're never going to see last gasp equalisers and dramatic late winners if you leave early. They're the best bits.
For me it's three-fold.

1) I love watching Spurs no matter what
2) It costs far too much to leave early (how many people leave early AND complain about ticket prices?)
3) I wouldn't leave a cinema before the end - why a football match? No different in my eyes.

For me it's three-fold.

2) It costs far too much to leave early (how many people leave early AND complain about ticket prices?)
3) I wouldn't leave a cinema before the end - why a football match? No different in my eyes.

I have left cinemas early, but that's not for this thread :chadliblow:

For me it's three-fold.

Left WHL for the first time ever early against Anderlect when we won 2-1. Was feeling ill all game and just wanted to get to bed, stayed till 91 mins or so, we had 3 mins injury time.

It cut my journey no lie by 45 mins compared to normal it was insane the time you get back. Still wouldn't normally do it but didn't want to vomit in the middle of a crowd.

My confession...well let's start by saying my mums side of the family are all Woolwich. My Dad was a Yid. He took me to a Spurs Chelsea in 1969, after my mum had divorced him and when I was 4/5.
One of my uncles used to have shop in Highbury and my mum would drop us off there to be babysat on a Saturday. My cousins took me over to watch Woolwich reserves as Mc Donald was playing, trying to convert me.
I hated it there.
I refused to go again. I was about 6.
That's the only good thing my Dad ever did for me, pick me up from the halfway house we were staying in & take me Spurs in 1969. I saw the cunt once since then.

So, I have actually been to see Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom