Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if he's only on loan, why haven't we recalled him - he's the better option whilst Rose is out ....... think I've got my left and right correct, but I won't bank on it!

Typical West stand 'Box holders' ... more worried about posing for souvenir pics and getting 'likes' on Twatface!! ...WATCH THE GAME MAN! :bae:

(I'm joking, I want him back in Jan! If only 'cos he offers better cover than Naughton!)

I was one of the firmer voices that was against dropping Benny, as I think an in-form Benny would still be our best left-back by miles, but let's face it: he was absolutely dismal when he came back into the side last season.

The Benny that came back from injury was entirely unrecognizable from the one we had seen in the previous two seasons, and his stubborn insistence on immediately punting the ball upfield and inevitably surrendering possession was one of the bigger issues of our play towards the end of last season.

Whether AVB has completely written him off, I don't think any of us can say for sure, but certainly game-time was what he needed most of all, and I think AVB's patience was exhausted.

I haven't watched any of QPR -- much less the Championship -- so I don't know how he's doing, but if he gets back into the groove then I'd certainly like to see him back. He's too good for the Championship.

I was one of the firmer voices that was against dropping Benny, as I think an in-form Benny would still be our best left-back by miles, but let's face it: he was absolutely dismal when he came back into the side last season.

The Benny that came back from injury was entirely unrecognizable from the one we had seen in the previous two seasons, and his stubborn insistence on immediately punting the ball upfield and inevitably surrendering possession was one of the bigger issues of our play towards the end of last season.

Whether AVB has completely written him off, I don't think any of us can say for sure, but certainly game-time was what he needed most of all, and I think AVB's patience was exhausted.

I haven't watched any of QPR -- much less the Championship -- so I don't know how he's doing, but if he gets back into the groove then I'd certainly like to see him back. He's too good for the Championship.

In some games he's been described as 'looking vacant'

Back
Top Bottom