Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Name the last time we had a decent left back? (Bale doesn't count, he wasn't any good as a tackling left back). BAE was probably one of the better ones in recent history. I can only remember a series of failed ones in the last 10 years.

Zeige
LYP
Gilberto
Ziegler
...am i missing anyone? BAE was vastly better than them.

Erik Edman, though tbh I can only remember THAT goal against the scousers :avbdamn:

Name the last time we had a decent left back? (Bale doesn't count, he wasn't any good as a tackling left back). BAE was probably one of the better ones in recent history. I can only remember a series of failed ones in the last 10 years.

Zeige
LYP
Gilberto
Ziegler

I didn't mind Ziege. Albeit we're at a better level now.

tumblr_mha57lvLwU1rdvjhwo1_500.gif

Saw that pic yesterday and it finally hit home after all the weeks of speculation and coming to terms with the fact Bale was already gone. Followed by the anger and disappointment of Bale's petulance over the last week missing training. Then Benny posting that picture, I felt the sadness of losing two great servants to the club. :vdvcry::avbmad:

Good luck guys, you'll always be Spurs to me!

For me Assou-Ekotto just suffered from the team going from having a "just go out and play - the result will come" type of manager, under who he thrived. To a manager with a tactical approach and a need for the entire team to be disciplined in their positions.

There are others that still don't have the ability to play their positions properly like Walker and Rose but I get the impression they at least listen to instructions where as Benny is just a bit of a free spirit.

Modric leaving didn't help either as so often he would drop into a space and offer him an out ball if he was under pressure.

Zeige
LYP
Gilberto
Ziegler

Shame on you for forgetting Atouba

BTGL5CaIgAEPqO7.jpg

aw, Gaz has even packed his little bag...
Maybe this WAS the day he went back to his old class and said his goodbyes...?
Seems like the Soaraway Scum got it right for once!

cunts!

BTW, Gylfi... white socks AND sandals!!!! 'the fuck?

BTGL5CaIgAEPqO7.jpg

aw, Gaz has even packed his little bag...
Maybe this WAS the day he went back to his old class and said his goodbyes...?
Seems like the Soaraway Scum got it right for once!

cunts!

BTW.... Gylfi... socks AND sandals!!!! 'the fuck?
I will hold close those sweet memories of those two up our left side, pinging balls to each other, slicing through opponents, why oh why .. where did it all go wrong
too-bad-so-sad-bye-bye-o.gif

More gutted with Benny leaving than the other one to be honest, as Benny obviously didn't want to go and he LOVES us. Hopefully as its only a loan, he can be recalled at short notice. Hope springs eternal!

We scored nine fucking goals...some people...

Still recall James Richardson on Football Weekly making the joke in his opening speech (as it had come soon after the Henry handball against Ireland) that we were going to ask for a rematch after the Scharner handball.

Still makes me chuckle. :king:

Back
Top Bottom