Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Benny using a bit of force...
bns09zbcaaemd5d.jpg

Our club would Lose Lols if / when Benny leaves.

I'd personally still keep him, but then I know that minority group is dwindling.

:bae:

Anyone heard any rumours in the last month of his departure?

Towards the end of last season it seemed an accepted fact that he was off but I've not heard him being linked with any other clubs.

Personally intrigued to see battle between him and Rose next year for the left back spot.

Really don't understand all the Benny hate, didn't stand out as significantly worse than the rest of the team when they under performed. In addition he came back from an injury. He seems to get both barrels when walker was directly responsible for conceding more goals (bloody stupid ones at that), yet his name is barely uttered

I wouldn't describe it as 'hate' - strong word

Simply a request to offer some competition for his spot - last season was a shaky one in terms of form.

I am firmly in the camp that last seasons form of Benny was because of the injury and the loss of a natural wide player infront of him (all our attempts at inverted wingers last season were quite poor as they all cut in faaaaaaaaaar too early... They should stay wide until they are something like 20yards out and for the most part only go inside when the full-back can overlap and give us width.)

And then as I digressed and got stuck on the subject of our wingers I forgot to add that I also want some competition for the LB spot in general as it's the best way to get the best out of the LB currently playing as he HAS to be playing well.

Distribution of the ball became a lot harder for Benny once Modric left. He no longer had a guy running at him demanding the ball.

Back
Top Bottom