Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To the people saying he'll get a reputation and that he shouldn't cry wolf... We already get shafted regularly with regards to penalties ffs. Sure we recently went a season without getting a single one. Bale never got protection from the refs and neither will Dele or any others. When you got fuckers diving themselves to "Invincibles" titles and shit I really don't care anymore.

If you're going to be a righteous cunt about diving now, let's see you do the same for shirt pulling, obstruction, time wasting etc.

To the people saying he'll get a reputation and that he shouldn't cry wolf... We already get shafted regularly with regards to penalties ffs. Sure we recently went a season without getting a single one. Bale never got protection from the refs and neither will Dele or any others. When you got fuckers diving themselves to "Invincibles" titles and shit I really don't care anymore.

If you're going to be a righteous cunt about diving now, let's see you do the same for shirt pulling, obstruction, time wasting etc.

My issue is that he has started to become a player that will squander a scoring chance for the opportunity to flop over because someone breathed on him.

As I've said before, if he played for another team, we'd all be ripping into him. We don't need to resort to that kind of thing, imo.

My issue is that he has started to become a player that will squander a scoring chance for the opportunity to flop over because someone breathed on him.

As I've said before, if he played for another team, we'd all be ripping into him. We don't need to resort to that kind of thing, imo.

Can say that about a lot of things though. Vert is one of the biggest shirt pullers in the league for example. Singling out diving is popular because of the faux bravado in this country. It's also different when we've not got as rich a history in diving as certain other teams. In other countries it's seen as an art to trick the ref. Not that I think diving is good, but it's not up to us to say it's worse or more shameful than other methods of cheating.

He wasn't on about diving here but I think this John Barnes quote can be applied here too, 'We are not the custodians of moral value in the world'.

Adapt or get left behind really. If we're going to want to do things the right way out of principle then extend it to all aspects of the game or don't bother imo.

He looked lively yesterday ... something closer to what he showed last season than we have seen at any time since the England summer clusterfuck.

Exactly! That's what we should be focused on and not his "dive" and the fact that some people on this very website are saying he should be banned to be taught a lesson. That would be super counter productive especially if he continues this form. He was excellent yesterday!

I thought he was excellent yesterday too.

But about the penalty, diving against a poverty team like Swansea is pointless because now if he's actually fouled vs the chavs, woolwich, United etc etc he won't get a penalty which might cost us.

'Dele needs to be more cunty. He's best when he has that aspect to his game.'

*Dele does something properly cunty*

'BWAAAAAAAAWWWWW'

People want a bit of an aggressive midfield battler, not a complete fanny who flops on the floor holding his imaginary wounds. This isn't in reference to the penalties, but a collective few incidents of late.

I'm not sure how you haven't seen the polar-opposite contrast between what you're saying.

I thought he was excellent yesterday too.

But about the penalty, diving against a poverty team like Swansea is pointless because now if he's actually fouled vs the chavs, woolwich, United etc etc he won't get a penalty which might cost us.
if he dives against those toss the probability is he won't get a pen anyway

T-WJSs.gif

Kid can do what he fucking wants......the entire foundation of La Liga is based around milking the slightest touch, and all we do is fuel the circle jerk with ballon d'or awards.

Its not new and we've been shafted enough in the past.

:dwi:

People want a bit of an aggressive midfield battler, not a complete fanny who flops on the floor holding his imaginary wounds. This isn't in reference to the penalties, but a collective few incidents of late.

I'm not sure how you haven't seen the polar-opposite contrast between what you're saying.

Well I wouldn't say they're polar opposites, but I do agree that there is a balance to be struck between the two. The question is whether this is the kind of ruthlessness we want to see - it doesn't always take the form of being ice cold on front of goal.

Well I wouldn't say they're polar opposites, but I do agree that there is a balance to be struck between the two. The question is whether this is the kind of ruthlessness we want to see - it doesn't always take the form of being ice cold on front of goal.

I want the ruthlessness that you used to see from Kane, where he would stay on his feet rather than go down, and often we'd score from it.

I can't help but feel that Poch encourages the diving side of things, as Kane has had his moments too, thinking about it.

Personally I don't give a fuck as long as we win

Fed up getting shafted by playing the 'right' way!

Look at Sissoko's dive against us last season
FFS

Back
Top Bottom