Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So.. Renato Sanchez wins the Golden Boy award.
Coman and Rashford next.

How was Dele not in the final 3 is beyond me. Bullshit his last 12 months wasn't better than Rashford.

lol, Sanchez with his 6 goals and 1 assist too.

Dele with 10 goals and 11 assists.

These awards are embarrassingly shit.

tumblr_of3jlsnOsh1r8e765o2_500.gif

Lovely finish.

Just needs to score the easy ones.

Less is better

Just say a lovely finish!

Which it clearly was!

So.. Renato Sanchez wins the Golden Boy award.
Coman and Rashford next.

How was Dele not in the final 3 is beyond me. Bullshit his last 12 months wasn't better than Rashford.

There was a mix up with the voting system... only some of the votes went to Dele, the rest went to Alli... they cancelled each other out, and Rashford and Sanchez came up on the blind side.

It was like the opposite of a coalition!

Rashford was 18 when he made his debut for Man Utd, England U21s and the England senior team. Scored on his Premier League debut, Europa League debut, England debut and a hattrick on his England U21 debut. 16 goals in 35 games the past 12 months. Still only 18 years old. I can totally see the reason he's on there to be honest.

Saying that, it's harsh on Iheanacho.

Reading about Liverpool from the 60s ahd 70 and the way they recruited, with success players from the lower leagues, Alli is that player and was a target of thiers, a player which Liverpool would have wanted to sign. Alli is evrything you want in a player for yor club. The sucess with these players is becuse they appriciate where they are. We need to get back to this to a level which is practical for modern times. There must be another Ian Rush out there, they are certainly not in Europe?

Exactly this!

I've no problem with it, if it leads to a goal, or he sets someone up to score. but in a game that ended 0-0, you kinda wonder if it has it's place...?

Good players (which Alli certainly is) shine in a good team and a team that wins things. Who cares what they do as long as the results are in out favour.

It was awful and I'm in favour of FA giving him a retrospective ban for it - just like I feel they should do with all divers. It's the only way they'll learn, perhaps a fine too.

Penalty all day long :allitongue: fuck em. In truth it was right in front of us today and it looked a pen in real time, soft maybe yes, but you would have felt fucked off if it was not given.

l

It was awful and I'm in favour of FA giving him a retrospective ban for it - just like I feel they should do with all divers. It's the only way they'll learn, perhaps a fine too.

Seriously? He didn't even dive. Naughton still caught him even if he was pulling away. Shouldn't have put himself in the position to even catch Dele in the box with any contact.

He's getting a bad reputation. Last time one of our stars got a reputation from diving we went the entire next season without being granted a single penalty.

He's getting a bad reputation. Last time one of our stars got a reputation from diving we went the entire next season without being granted a single penalty.

10 in our last 11 games. I'd say the one we got today was the only one we didn't deserve.

Seriously? He didn't even dive. Naughton still caught him even if he was pulling away. Shouldn't have put himself in the position to even catch Dele in the box with any contact.
Correct. Naughton gave the ref a decision to make. At that speed it looked a penalty all the way. Even in slo mo I can't say "yep,dive" (& I would say it if it was that blatant). I would have been livid if it hadn't been given in real time & would have thought "arguable" having seen it on the replay.

He reminds me of Gerrard.
Don't let Alan Hansen or Phil Thompson hear you say that!!!

I think dele's 'Penalty winning days' are behind him now... he'll never get one again unless he's actually poleaxed to the floor by a pack of angry hounds, and finished off with a stick of dynamite... and even then, I reckon the Ref will need to check with the 4th Official!

The media have their 'blame everything on someone target' he's made himself an easy target with last season's cracker he landed on Yacob... (see what I did there??)
But the 'winning' of penalties isn't against the rules... same as a deliberate foul to break up an attack (although you win a 'strategic' yellow card) but it's very much part and parcel of the game... it's frowned upon by some, but it happens!

Same here... if he tries to trick the ref, and ref didn't give it... Dele looks like a fool. If he does manage to trick him, the Ref does!
Same as when he tries a nutmeg, or Lamela tries a Rabona... if it works, it looks great... but if it doesn't we move on, slightly embarrassed by the whole situation... (but make sure you get it right next time!)

I think i've made the same point twice here... but you get my drift!

Back
Top Bottom