Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I don't give a fuck as long as we win

Fed up getting shafted by playing the 'right' way!

Look at Sissoko's dive against us last season
FFS
Still not forgiven him for that. We were back in that game at 2-1 when he did that (& that one WAS blatant). At 3-1 it was caution to the wind & we got royally Benitez'd. And we go & sign him for £30 million. :walkercry:

T-WJSs.gif

Kid can do what he fucking wants......the entire foundation of La Liga is based around milking the slightest touch, and all we do is fuel the circle jerk with ballon d'or awards.

Its not new and we've been shafted enough in the past.

:dwi:

i would rather focus on seeing Dele with that look in his eyes he had last season, genuine movement across the front 4 positions, even up front at the end, being dangerous

Not seen that nearly enough this season, good to see that swagger back even against a poor side, keep going Dele!

T-WJSs.gif

Kid can do what he fucking wants......the entire foundation of La Liga is based around milking the slightest touch, and all we do is fuel the circle jerk with ballon d'or awards.

Its not new and we've been shafted enough in the past.

:dwi:
We don't play in Spain though.
Not sure why we condone this behaviour in our own, when we despise it elsewhere.

Since when did holding the moral high ground be ome a reprehensible or risible code to live by?

Alli is a good footballer. He can still be a great footballer without cheating.

What he did yesterday was embarrassing - and we all know that other fans will use it against us, just as the pundits will crucify the club for not condemning it.

I get the point you are making, but I would rather win, lose or draw without it being part of the club DNA.

I don't like diving when it's done against us, so can't condone it when our players do it. However, in Dele's defence yesterday, I think there was slight contact, but he did make a meal out of it. I didn't like the way the commentator demonised him though, way over the top. TBH, it's not always easy to adjudge in a split second whether it's a penalty or not, and even harder to assess a player's intention. So until we have games refereed by robots, then we have to accept that refs don't always get it right and that cheats will always be part of life. I personally detest dishonesty in any shape or form and don't want our players to lower themselves to that level, but have to accept that they are not angels either.

Personally I don't give a fuck as long as we win

Fed up getting shafted by playing the 'right' way!

Look at Sissoko's dive against us last season
FFS

Couldn't agree more, as long as we win that is all that matters, and I don't give a fuck about double standards if some cunt dives against us I will moan about it until the end of time!!!
No One gets a medal for taking part, it is all about the winning!
:deledoubt:

Like Bolton said there really was no camera angle to see if there was contact. Even the slightest. It looked like a dive but then again you cannot say one way or the other.
I remember if it wasn't for a bit of cheating we wouldn't have won the UEFA cup.
Nobody seemed to mind then. It also isn't mentioned that Germany won a World Cup with a dive.
I don't condone it. Everyone goes down with the slightest contact today, bar a rare few. Kane being one.
If I actually see a replay that shows Dele throwing himself in the air without being touched I'll be the first to tell him to cut it out.
It's the media double standards that do me in. Firmino did a ' Dorothy ' and tapped his own heel and was not called a diver. Coutihno dived on the openin day to get Liverpool a free kick which they scored from - and gave them the impetus to go on and beat Woolwich. Replays were again conclusive that it was a dive, nothing said, I could go on.

Fact is there is not a lot of love for our club in the media or by any other London club. Most journalists in sport are spammers. The rest are top 4ers. Most players fans , the media and pundits could not bear the fact that only we had a mathematical chance of taking the title from Leicester and didn't want us to.
Anything positive said about us is followed by when we he go to Man U or Real Madrid. Until recently our own coaching staff were the same.
Let's see if 'farewell to the lane' which has had more history played out on its turf than waste mash's Boleyn ground gets the same media exposure.
What was so famous about that ground. What was ever won or done there?
Personally I really don't give a fuck but it tells you where they stand. They love to bring us down.
make no mistake if we were in Spams shoes now we would be getting it left right and centre, especially the manager who would be touted relentlessly for the sack -and we then would be criticised for sacking another boss.
They would be going on an on about wasted money on shit players and the people responsible called out on it.
Yet is Sullivan getting a hard time about his purchases, Bilic getting slagged by individual journalists with a vendetta or superfluous pressure heaped upon them?

No they'll be fine, they have a great manager, great players and will be a
Ok.

In real time, to me, looked like a penalty.

Fuck em. Had them given against us, and we will have them given for us.

Not many remember Pires diving to get a draw against Pompey to extend the wankers' unbeaten run which extended to the whole season now do they?? Do they fuck! Or at Old Trafford when Gomes made a great save but was adjudged to have not got the ball, then Man Utd scored the pen and went on to beat us? No, so fuck them. Up the yids

Troy Deeney managed to somehow slip in some Dele bashing whilst talking about Rojo's two footed tackle. Discussing tackles and players reactions to challenges.
"Gana got up, Troy you yourself got up from. Horrendous Gabriel challenge. Do players reactions
sometimes influence a ref's decision?"
Troy: "Yes, when you look at Dele Alli Yesterday..."

Troy Deeney managed to somehow slip in some Dele bashing whilst talking about Rojo's two footed tackle. Discussing tackles and players reactions to challenges.
"Gana got up, Troy you yourself got up from. Horrendous Gabriel challenge. Do players reactions
sometimes influence a ref's decision?"
Troy: "Yes, when you look at Dele Alli Yesterday..."

It's not much better on here- anyone looking in from the outside will be saying "never mind Troy Deeney, even a load of his own club's fans think he's a cheating cunt".
:avbfacepalm:

There was definite contact and I was on my feet screaming pen until Mrs B kicked me as we were in a bar!

Yes he made the most of it

So what!

Was Harry concerned as he put away the pen?

Was he fuck!

COYS

From the upper East I was sure it was a pen in real time, Dele running towards us got clipped by Kyle N. From the replays it's harder to tell, but I think it wasteh right call. Think he was about to book him though, and the the Lino changed his mind.

Watching highlights on spurs tv and it looked like Naughton caught him and the pulled back. Still not conclusive. However I will say that by the way he went down looked like he got touched and his reaction would really be bollocks if he wasn't as he said 'fucking hell come on " and looked really upset and angry that it looked like it wasn't being given

He's being crucified in the press and as dives go, it isn't even a bad one - some of them go down when the opposition isn't in the same postcode, at least there was contact a la Vardy's 4 last year that weren't even talked about.

Face it, we're just disliked and not treated like other clubs. Dele clearly has to clean up his act a bit, no argument from me there, but this one incident that the clown bandwagon has jumped on isn't even a particularly bad example of a dive.

I don't like diving when it's done against us, so can't condone it when our players do it. However, in Dele's defence yesterday, I think there was slight contact, but he did make a meal out of it. I didn't like the way the commentator demonised him though, way over the top. TBH, it's not always easy to adjudge in a split second whether it's a penalty or not, and even harder to assess a player's intention. So until we have games refereed by robots, then we have to accept that refs don't always get it right and that cheats will always be part of life. I personally detest dishonesty in any shape or form and don't want our players to lower themselves to that level, but have to accept that they are not angels either.

I've seen Owen, Gerrard and Rooney doing that for collective 20 years without any commentator batting an eyelid.

They can all fuck right off as far as I am concerned.

From the upper East I was sure it was a pen in real time, Dele running towards us got clipped by Kyle N. From the replays it's harder to tell, but I think it wasteh right call. Think he was about to book him though, and the the Lino changed his mind.

I also think it was the right call, and even if it wasn't we deserved a pen for the king fu kick on walker so all is square! :deledoubt:

Back
Top Bottom