Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just made this.

2iw55c8.png

People need to calm down on the "he needs to score more" narrative being built. He has scored 13 goals from 35 starts!! Many CF's would love those goalscoring stats, he is a fucking MIDFIELDER, in a number of those 35 starts he played in the double pivot!!!!

People need to calm down on the "he needs to score more" narrative being built. He has scored 13 goals from 35 starts!! Many CF's would love those goalscoring stats, he is a fucking MIDFIELDER, in a number of those 35 starts he played in the double pivot!!!!

I think sometimes people see his level and think how can he miss the easy ones, he's only 20 years old and it's very rare for any player to develop brilliant consistency before around 24-25 years old. His talent is obvious, he can become our Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes and is already well ahead of schedule.

I think sometimes people see his level and think how can he miss the easy ones, he's only 20 years old and it's very rare for any player to develop brilliant consistency before around 24-25 years old. His talent is obvious, he can become our Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes and is already well ahead of schedule.
I just hate the comparison also being built especially against those 3, he plays nothing like them. All of those three could barely run 15yrds (especially Lampard and Scholes). Alli is a powerful athlete and stretches teams with his running and in our system he is frequently plays ahead of the CF.

That finish was incredible. He plays with other talented players and has a good coaching team around him, he's 20. The comparison with Lampard, is, I think fine. It's recognition that he has great ability and could become a midfielder with an incredible goal scoring record. He has already shown that really. You can compare him to Lamparrd, Gerrard, Scholes, and others, nothing wrong with that, but he is his own type of player. It's pretty exciting to wonder what kind of player will develop over the next 3 or 4 years though.

To put it in perspective, he's scoring more in the league than Wayne "World Class Striker" Rooney did at the same age.

That finish was incredible. He plays with other talented players and has a good coaching team around him, he's 20. The comparison with Lampard, is, I think fine. It's recognition that he has great ability and could become a midfielder with an incredible goal scoring record. He has already shown that really. You can compare him to Lamparrd, Gerrard, Scholes, and others, nothing wrong with that, but he is his own type of player. It's pretty exciting to wonder what kind of player will develop over the next 3 or 4 years though.
I think Alli is what United thought they were getting with Pogba.

I think he's gonna make himself a marked man if he carries that on too much...
(didn't Nathan Oduwa get a bit of a kicking up in Scotland for showboating too much?)

There are still some old fashioned 'ugly lump' Centre-Backs lurking around the Prem...
Huth is one of them... they'll see each-other soon, eh!

I've no problem with it, if it leads to a goal, or he sets someone up to score... but in a game that ended 0-0, you kinda wonder if it has it's place...? other than trying to get on Soccer am every week!

I think he's gonna make himself a marked man if he carries that on too much...
(didn't Nathan Oduwa get a bit of a kicking up in Scotland for showboating too much?)

There are still some old fashioned 'ugly lump' Centre-Backs lurking around the Prem...
Huth is one of them... they'll see each-other soon, eh!

I've no problem with it, if it leads to a goal, or he sets someone up to score... but in a game that ended 0-0, you kinda wonder if it has it's place...? other than trying to get on Soccer am every week!

I think it's not just showboating though. Often a meg is a very effective move that opens up play a bit and can lead to chances - see yesterday when Dele's double meg led to Lamela hitting the post

I think it's not just showboating though. Often a meg is a very effective move that opens up play a bit and can lead to chances - see yesterday when Dele's double meg led to Lamela hitting the post
Actually.... that is a good point.
HAD Lamela scored, Dele WOULD'VE helped set that up with a Nutmeg. ..

I concede that DOES set it apart from double dummy step-overs...

Except the Rabona when it goes in...
The ULTIMATE in when showboating can work!

Back
Top Bottom