Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They were in Chicago...

In the summer for the friendly, hence my avatar! Poch was walking right near my place with the coaching staff, pure luck seeing him, the squad went to watch the baseball one night, chatted to Dawson he was great as I said those two munchkins weren't so "approachable"

Danny Rose takes it personally, I think this is why he gets so angry. I like it as long as he isn't getting needless red cards. When he does get booked, it's for a decent reason, rather than a lazy pull of the shirt or cynical hack like someone of our other players.....

He gets a lot of shit from opposing players who target him and have done since he came back from loan at Sunderland. The opposition always try and single him out for a bit of physical stuff and leave one on him / the boot in. They try and wind him up get under his skin because he has had this reputation of being a moody fucker. Opposition fans also know this and give him abuse and that is why he sometimes looks so angry and frustrated. He has done well this season to keep a lid on his temperament and should be applauded. It can't have been easy for him getting called a cunt every time he steps on the pitch.

The fans need to get behind him and show him some love.

I think the majority of our fans are unbelievably harsh on the boy. He's had a very good season and I think he will continue to improve.

I too think he deserves an England call up, but I don't think he'll get it until next season.

I don't get how Rose can get any sort of criticism this season. He went into the season with pretty much everyone on his back, for whatever reason, he has exceeded expectations, he's kept an £8,000,000 signing out of the team for the majority of the season, come on leaps and bounds defensively and causes problems when he goes forward, even scored important goals.

He seems to care and we could do with more players in the team with that attitude. It surprises me that even when he has a good game he gets criticism for "looking angry" - who cares. I've been made a fan of Rose this season and he almost gives me hope that perhaps Walker can turn out to be a decent footballer one day.

He gets a lot of shit from opposing players who target him and have done since he came back from loan at Sunderland. The opposition always try and single him out for a bit of physical stuff and leave one on him / the boot in. They try and wind him up get under his skin because he has had this reputation of being a moody fucker. Opposition fans also know this and give him abuse and that is why he sometimes looks so angry and frustrated. He has done well this season to keep a lid on his temperament and should be applauded. It can't have been easy for him getting called a cunt every time he steps on the pitch.

The fans need to get behind him and show him some love.
Abso-fucking-lutely. The way he kicked on this year is really impressive.

Yeah, it's pathetic Shaw has been called up at all. If Bertrand had been called up instead of Rose, I wouldn't really have batted an eye-lid if he was looking to take experience of Baines and someone who's performed well which Bertrand has but for both to be overlooked for Shaw is hideous.

This season I would say arron cresswell should be ahead of both Gibbs and Shaw in terms of performances and actually being fit to play and to leave out Rose is just plain odd.

On form I would have said Bertrand, Rose and Cresswell as Englands left backs but I can understand why Baines was picked.

Shaw has no right to be in that squad, you can make arguments for/against Danny Rose but Shaw barely plays.

What the hell has Van Gaal done to him. Last season if you asked me the most impressive left back in the prem I'd have said Shaw, great in defence and class going forward, I genuinely thought he could be world class. I watched Southampton many times last season and he looked more class than even Lallana and Schneiderlin a lot of the time.

Since going united he looks too out of shape to play a single half as if Van Gaal has sent him down the pub to drink beer and eat pizza as his training, total waste of a player.

What the hell has Van Gaal done to him. Last season if you asked me the most impressive left back in the prem I'd have said Shaw, great in defence and class going forward, I genuinely thought he could be world class. I watched Southampton many times last season and he looked more class than even Lallana and Schneiderlin a lot of the time.

Since going united he looks too out of shape to play a single half as if Van Gaal has sent him down the pub to drink beer and eat pizza as his training, total waste of a player.

Is it no surprise to you that this year we have Pochettino who has made our left back look very promising. Last year Southampton had Pochettino who made their left back look very promising..

I've got a mate who's a United fan and knows a few people 'ITK', he tells me Shaw is as thick as a wooden plank, part of his contract included two of his mates to live up there on £30k and basically keep him company. No surprise he's not kicked on, a classic case of too much too soon.

Back
Top Bottom