Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A good run in the side may do Davies some good. Doesn't take away from the fact that Rose has been our stand out performer defensively this year and Davies' last few games haven't been too promising.

I thought Davies looked iffy to start with but when he had a run during a Rose injury he got up to looking pretty solid and quite decent. He was dropped as soon as Rose was fit and hardly played since so would probably need a couple of games to improve again.

He was looking a better defender than Rose to be honest.

A lot of people at Swansea said Davies was made to be a CB. Surprised he's not been given a chance there.
I believe that's what Laudrup said and I think even Coleman has played him there for Wales. I don't think he's ever been given a chance there for us because it's more than last resort. Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Kaboul and Chiriches are all natural centre backs and are ahead of him at the end of the day. I do remember Davies' King-like tackle on Bony at the Liberty though, class.

I thought Davies looked iffy to start with but when he had a run during a Rose injury he got up to looking pretty solid and quite decent. He was dropped as soon as Rose was fit and hardly played since so would probably need a couple of games to improve again.

He was looking a better defender than Rose to be honest.
He was really good at the back end of last year. Was solid against Swansea, got an assist for Eriksens winner, put in a real good performance against Man Utd at home too. But then we opted for Rose on New Years Day against Chelsea, he scored and the rest is history. Can't really fault Poch for not starting Davies over Rose much since then because Rose has excelled.

His performances last season largely get blown out of proportion to be honest. He made a high profile mistake in the FA Cup against Woolwich which he has learnt from. Our defensive record under Rose was pretty impressive last year, he was part of our defence that kept the cleansheets at the beginning of last season, he then got injured and we had to play Naughton or Vertonghen there and we got battered by the likes of Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea.

I don't know to be honest, he was pretty awful last year.

I saw sitting in the Park Lane and when the final whistle blew he booted the ball into the upper stand (few rows infront of me) in frustration. He didn't want to go to his team mates as you could tell he felt let down.

Back
Top Bottom