CSKA v Tottenham Hotspur - Champions League 27th Sept 2016 - 19-45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's funny all this Foreign manager bullshit that gets spun out with such negativity, struggling to think of one that has been caught with his hands in the cookie jar, or with his pants down. All the scandles and shinanigans are always associated with English Managers!
Edit: Sven, he was caught with Arabs on a yacht.

Re-edit: Postman Pat tried to shill for some no mark player rating system bollocks iirc.

(I call it no Mark, as Mark Noble did not receive a rating, again iirc.)

14457295_1741473369453745_1041253255824889363_n.jpg

Because when you're losing with just a few minutes to go, the most natural thing to want to do is to take your clothes off and get near-naked with a couple of hundred strangers
If you squint your eyes, it looks like a pig?

Going to a place like that without 5 of your regular first team and having to break down a typical deep laying Russian dug in defence -at the same time being careful not to go too gung ho and concede: a very good result.
Didn't think we had the depth/ experience but we coped. Could so easily have been an England Russia euro turn out.

that monaco equaliser won me 680quid haha, just when I thought happy days we won but fuck my bet my accy came in!

Again not creating/finishing enough clear cut chances when totally dominating games BUT fantastic result with the worst journey we have and without 5 starters too. Worrying a bit about Janssen now, until he gets a couple of goals and gets used to the way we play he will be more offside than Jermain-looked far too eager to burst forward and needs to chill, we will need him to be a lot better on sunday for sure!
De Bruyne out, we can give them a game.
COYS

apart from a couple heart-in-the-mouth moments, thought we totally dominated, and the scoreline just didn't do us justice. Ah well, whether we had won 1-0 or 21-0, we wouldn't have got any more points (althought it would have done our goal difference a world of good!). A bit of a soft goal, and I was holding my breath until the ball trickled over the line. But a great night's work by Poch and the boys.

Janssen is trying and it will come good. Tonights game was wrong for him. They sat deep, we played square across the box. We played some decent football at times but players were not making those runs that invited a nice pass. Infact payers were making the pass trying to get others moving but reaction was slow. one thing Ive learned from tonight is, when a team plays against us as tonight, lose the CF, thers no point having one.

Admittedly I was really nervous going into this one.

Hostile atmosphere and far from home with limited support for the lads.

A quirky opponent with potential hidden dangers behind unknown talent.

Perhaps an eye also on the upcoming fixture against Man City

Then I saw their manager.....

lWIatdc.gif

I was like, "Nah, we fucking got this."

COYS

Another deserved win.
All the draws mean we probably only need 2 more wins & a draw to qualify.
We should be able to get the points required to go through.

Back
Top Bottom