CSKA v Tottenham Hotspur - Champions League 27th Sept 2016 - 19-45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great result and a decent performance too
Having said that , eriksen , alli and lamela really have been pants so far this season, if we can get them back to last seasons form we will be a force

tumblr_oe6qbm61jo1r8e765o2_500.gif

Damn that was closer to being offsides than I originally thought. Even Son took a quick glance and the linesman. Beautiful pass and composed goal.
* and a massive helping hand from the keeper!
I know what they mean when they say "it all seemed to happen in slow motion"
I boiled an egg in the time it took for that ball to t-r--i-c-k-l----e across the line!

...what else did YOU do in that time kids?
Tell us on a Postcard.
"...I did this in the time it took Son's shot to go in" Competition
Send to:
BBCTHFC Centre
London W12N17 8QT

We can't write back to you individually!

Last edited:
Gutsy sub N'koudou for Janssen really paid off.

Don't see Janssen starting Sunday. We were miles better when he came off.

I think the timing of the sub had a lot to do with it. Not many teams that can run 100km+ and still be as sharp as us.

It's funny all this Foreign manager bullshit that gets spun out with such negativity, struggling to think of one that has been caught with his hands in the cookie jar, or with his pants down. All the scandles and shinanigans are always associated with English Managers!
Edit: Sven, he was caught with Arabs on a yacht.

It would seem that the foreign managers in England are just more professional in general. Save the odd Di'Canio type nutcase. They're certainly a lot more savy with regard to getting caught out.

People saying it's a shame that we won't get to see what Fat Sam had to offer. Regardless of the moral argument, do we really want someone as niave as that in charge of the national team?

"Oh Sam, btw just to let you know, they've changed the rules, you're not allowed to send a goalkeeper out in the second half anymore...."

Some strange items on the menu there considering they're top pros and athletes
Not at all. After a match they need to restore their body sugar stores to pre-game levels in very small time periods. Thus, they have to eat a shit-load of carbohydrate-rich food, hence the large quantities of bread. There will also likely be pasta, fruit and lollies/chocolate. Maybe coke (soft drink) or other hypertonic drinks.

If they don't eat within 30 mins to an hour after the game it takes the body longer to replenish its stores which increases the length of recovery time; affecting training and future matches as well as increasing the likelihood of injury/muscle soreness.

The food on offer there is perfect for post-match meals

Not at all. After a match they need to restore their body sugar stores to pre-game levels in very small time periods. Thus, they have to eat a shit-load of carbohydrate-rich food, hence the large quantities of bread. There will also likely be pasta, fruit and lollies/chocolate. Maybe coke (soft drink) or other hypertonic drinks.

If they don't eat within 30 mins to an hour after the game it takes the body longer to replenish its stores which increases the length of recovery time; affecting training and future matches as well as increasing the likelihood of injury/muscle soreness.

The food on offer there is perfect for post-match meals
They should be eating good, low GI carbs - not processed rubbish like white bread and chocolate.

Does Son ever stop smiling?
come a long way from Oranges & tea in the dressing room.
I wouldn't be surprised if Zlatan has a bowl of just yellow M & Ms, Pogba an array of different flavoured ice cream on tap and Victor various spaghetti dishes.

No, you want to restore sugar levels faster. High GI is absorbed into the body more quickly which is exactly what you want
Sorry, mate - that's rubbish. I have experience in sports nutrition and processed carbs is the last thing you want near a pros diet

Remember when Ramos first arrived?

Great result and excellent all-round team work, although we should have been several goals up and leading much more comfortably before finally scoring the winner. I cannot say enough for Nkoudou's performance, a guy who was light years' ahead of his supposed N'jie similarity. Lightning quick, excellent ball retention, top dribbling skills and beating defenders for fun AND putting in a shift defensively. Probably the best 20 odd minute substitute performance I've witnessed in a long, long time. I've lost count of the times I've watched Spurs and bemoaned the lack of pace up front, but this guy has all the attributes to offer a completely different threat from the wing and will make an awesome super sub.

Sorry, mate - that's rubbish. I have experience in sports nutrition and processed carbs is the last thing you want near a pros diet

Remember when Ramos first arrived?
Mate. Immediately after and during a game you want to replenish stores as quickly as possible. High GI food such as white bread, pasta, pizza and then lollies and chocolate will do that. After an hour you bring the GI level down. Why do you think cyclists, tennis players etc consume bananas, gels and soft drinks both during and immediately after events? If you deplete your stocks then high carb foods aren't going to have much of an affect on you. Athletes also carb load before competition to increase their glycogen and glucose levels.

Back
Top Bottom