Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

58K,

30k of those bought a ticket but sat at home, too cold to go out bro, plus i need to record an update on my WENGEROUT vlog....

5472.jpg
This is at the top end of the match to be fair.Most had left very early.

Last edited:
As much as I want to believe this, I get the sick feeling they're just a manager and loosening of the purse strings away from getting their shit together again.

What purse strings?

Woolwich's operating profits fall by more than 60 per cent after missing out on Champions League

(Change Woowlich to &rsenal in the URL obvs....)

One more year out of the champions league and they are fucked. They'll have to completely change their business model.

I shall enjoy watching as they attempt to replicate Levy's "flipping players to keep up" method without an ounce of the business acumen that he has.

Recommended viewing is this interview, however for enhanced pleasure may I also recommend playing this in the background, I dare you not to smile.

They hired Dortmund scout didn’t they. Next two buys are ex Dortmund players. I know Aubameyang was signed by that recommendation of that scout, mikitarhyin?

I think they are going Dortmund and will replace him with Tuchel who wanted to keep Henreich.

They hired Dortmund scout didn’t they. Next two buys are ex Dortmund players. I know Aubameyang was signed by that recommendation of that scout, mikitarhyin?

I think they are going Dortmund and will replace him with Tuchel who wanted to keep Henreich.
Wenegr's gone at the end of the season the two backroom blokes are there to hire the void left by Wenger. Wenger is Woolwich, replacing him is bigger than replacing Fergie, the next manger in will not have the power or influence, in fact he will be head coach and sole responsibility will be for first team, doubt there will be much say over academy, in's & out's, medical etc.... For other clubs this will not be too bad a thing but, for this lot the changes will be huge, place will also test the two new back office hires, no guarantee's that they are any good (Paul Mitchell anyone?).

Wenegr's gone at the end of the season the two backroom blokes are there to hire the void left by Wenger. Wenger is Woolwich, replacing him is bigger than replacing Fergie, the next manger in will not have the power or influence, in fact he will be head coach and sole responsibility will be for first team, doubt there will be much say over academy, in's & out's, medical etc.... For other clubs this will not be too bad a thing but, for this lot the changes will be huge, place will also test the two new back office hires, no guarantee's that they are any good (Paul Mitchell anyone?).
And when Wenger finally heads for the exit who ever comes in the opposite direction won't be there for twenty odd years you can guarantee that!

What purse strings?

Woolwich's operating profits fall by more than 60 per cent after missing out on Champions League

(Change Woowlich to &rsenal in the URL obvs....)

One more year out of the champions league and they are fucked. They'll have to completely change their business model.

I shall enjoy watching as they attempt to replicate Levy's "flipping players to keep up" method without an ounce of the business acumen that he has.
I thought they had a boat load sitting in the bank untouched. Someone on Football Weekly just recently mentioned it I believe also. I agree though, the more years they are out of the CL the more the dagger slowly gets inserted in them.

If only the other teams above him weren't absolutely shit, we'd actually see them where they belong. Mid table.

I thought they had a boat load sitting in the bank untouched. Someone on Football Weekly just recently mentioned it I believe also. I agree though, the more years they are out of the CL the more the dagger slowly gets inserted in them.

If only the other teams above him weren't absolutely shit, we'd actually see them where they belong. Mid table.
They have cash reserves of £137.6m excluding debt service reserve, this is massive but their wages have just increased massively and whilst they made a big profit, they would have posted a loss had they not sold Giroud, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Gibbs, Gabriel and Szczesny.

It's a bore to go on about the finances BUT just as they are hitting a bump we are pushing on. This is significant, not earth shattering, not going to stop the world spinning stuff but for us that have been MILES behind it draws us probably level'ish but crucially the momentum is all with us.

So this fan thinks the low attendance was mainly because ST holders couldn't make it for midweek on short notice and ticket exchange wasn't active:
https://shewore.com/2018/03/01/Woolwich-set-for-lowest-attendance-in-premier-league-history/

Except - if ticket exchange wasn't active, that should mean the match wasn't sold out, which means number of tickets sold was way less than capacity.
And it's happened a few times this season.

Back
Top Bottom