Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From :http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9559519/Stat-s-Amazing

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

* Tottenham win the fewest aerial duels per game (12.2) - down from 15 per game last season - but their tackles per game are up from 19.8 to 21.5.

* Erik Lamela is dispossessed an average of 2.9 times per game which puts him just below Mohamed Diame and Connor Wickham in that inauspicious list.

* Tottenham's Christian Eriksen is fourth to Cesc Fabregas, Stewart Downing and Angel Di Maria in a list of accurate corner-takers in the PL.

Am I watching a different Eriksen then or what?!
He struggles to get it past the first man most of the time!

I think some people on here need to cut Eriksen some slack!

People don't cut him slack (Including his national manager) because they expect so much more. He can be such a great player at times and could develop even more in the future. Currently he's looking pants though, which is disappointing for everyone.

He's also just 22. He's practically a youth player.

We still hadn't seen the best of him at this point last season. Give him time to adjust to a new system.

We still hadn't seen the best of him at this point last season. Give him time to adjust to a new system.
Absolutely. Part of the problem with our squad now is that the young and promising players are being asked to carry the team. Lamela, Eriksen, Kane, Dier and so on should be relaxed and enjoying their football without too much pressure. We don't have senior players who take enough responsibilty.

Agree with this. I think we are all expecting him or Lamela to be the next Bale- firing on all cylinders in the big competitions aged 23. Bale is simply exceptional & I sadly feel it will be many years before we have a star with anything like his all round ability-if ever again. We need to be realistic. Those days are gone.

'give him time to adjust to the new system' new system this new system that...FUCK THAT! if your good enough it will show no matter how your manager tells you to play. we need to stop making excuses for these players. its time they got out there and gave a fuck about their profession and apply themselves. a good boot up the arse is what everyone of them fucking needs.

Absolutely. Part of the problem with our squad now is that the young and promising players are being asked to carry the team. Lamela, Eriksen, Kane, Dier and so on should be relaxed and enjoying their football without too much pressure. We don't have senior players who take enough responsibilty.

That's a very good point. The senior player we do have like Kaboul who are supposed to be leading the team is also ridiculously short on confidence.

Eriksen doesn't seem to be enjoying himself that much this season, but then you can't blame him for that considering our performances. He looks fairly miserably even when he's happy too! I'm worried him and Lamela can't play together in the same team.

Playing Eriksen is ruining our team.

He isn't strong enough to play centre midfield. He's too lazy to play on the wing. He has to play behind the striker.

This means we can't play two up front. Also means we can't play proper, get to the touch line wingers. This is why we go into matches against shite at home with only one up front.

Lamela has a similar issue, but not as bad as he can play on the right of as a second striker. Eriksen is just becoming a tactical noose for us. Get back what we paid and get rid.

Playing Eriksen is ruining our team.

He isn't strong enough to play centre midfield. He's too lazy to play on the wing. He has to play behind the striker.

This means we can't play two up front. Also means we can't play proper, get to the touch line wingers. This is why we go into matches against shite at home with only one up front.

Lamela has a similar issue, but not as bad as he can play on the right of as a second striker. Eriksen is just becoming a tactical noose for us. Get back what we paid and get rid.

I would argue Adebayor is ruining the team at the moment. He's been absolutely cack, wasn't ready to come on after being dropped then set up Stoke twice with his first two touches.

I see what you're saying about Eriksen being slight, he also doesn't have the most pace. I don't think we should sell him though, at least give it until the summer. Poch doesn't play with traditional wingers anyway as far as I can gather, so that's never going to happen regardless of who plays.

He's one of the few players we have with CL experience so when we win the EL and quality he'll be important! :pochlol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom