Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Granted it was Europa, but the best he's looked for us in a few games. He really needs to be played centrally and given free range.

I'm still a little concerned about him and Lamela playing together.

I'm a huge Eriksen fan, but I'm trying to think of a player that is easier to knock off the ball - I know that's not his game - but he does that splayed-legged jump out of tackles, just a little too often.

He looks confused and lost. I don't think he has any idea of where or how potch wants him to play. He doesn't look happy either. It's no coincidence that his best performances have come under sherwood. Why is that? Because sherwood gave simple instructions of what to go and do. He played him in the middle and gave him lots of space because we didn't play with inverted wingers. He had space to play his game. Look at him now, he pops up on the left, on the right, in the middle. No wonder he looks confused. He is our most creative player and we arnt using him in the right way at all.

He looks confused and lost. I don't think he has any idea of where or how potch wants him to play. He doesn't look happy either. It's no coincidence that his best performances have come under sherwood. Why is that? Because sherwood gave simple instructions of what to go and do. He played him in the middle and gave him lots of space because we didn't play with inverted wingers. He had space to play his game. Look at him now, he pops up on the left, on the right, in the middle. No wonder he looks confused. He is our most creative player and we arnt using him in the right way at all.
Sherwood deployed Eriksen on the left.
He definitely should be central, but he is given a 'free' role, hence his appearance on the flanks.
If you look at his best games, he appears all over the final third, being the illusive player we know he can be.

He was playing OK under Poch come the beginning of this season.
Maybe he is tired, with all this talk of double training, conditioning, and the obvious water carrying he has to do now.
He hasn't exactly got a mechanical physique has he?

Sherwood did play him on the left for a number of games. He also played him in the middle, which is where he had his best games. It's madness playing him anywhere else, just like playing townsend on the right.

Sherwood did play him on the left for a number of games. He also played him in the middle, which is where he had his best games. It's madness playing him anywhere else, just like playing townsend on the right.

I hardly remember Eriksen playing the middle under Sherwood. Erisken lined up on the left most of the time.

Im just hoping this is a run of bad play. He looked pretty good in friendlies and at the beginning of the season. He just hasnt made an impact since his goal against S'hampton.

Heat maps give a good indication of where a player operates, and I expect them to show if they can be found that eriksen operates in the middle because that's where he tends to drift. That's why when he is playing on the left or right, we loose width because he drifts inside. The reason he he drifts inside is because that's where he wants to play. So potch, start fucking playing him there.

I'm concerned that he doesn't look happy on the pitch, I have to echo what others are saying about him seemingly 'lost' in what he's meant to do. You'd think he'd suit a role similar to Lallana, in that he supports the striker and makes those late runs in/around the box. I think perhaps Lamela is taking that role at the moment though, so I just hope we get him on a new contract and worry about it later.

Heat maps give a good indication of where a player operates, and I expect them to show if they can be found that eriksen operates in the middle because that's where he tends to drift. That's why when he is playing on the left or right, we loose width because he drifts inside. The reason he he drifts inside is because that's where he wants to play. So potch, start fucking playing him there.
If his heat maps show he is playing in the middle, then I guess he is playing in the middle.

I hardly remember Eriksen playing the middle under Sherwood. Erisken lined up on the left most of the time.
Lined up on the left but only deputized on that wing. Cut inside at every opportunity as you might expect of an inverted winger, playing through the middle and only pulling out left to receive possession from the defensive half.

And it meant Rose was served up on a plate with a big fucking apple stuck in his mouth as a garnish.

I'm concerned that he doesn't look happy on the pitch, I have to echo what others are saying about him seemingly 'lost' in what he's meant to do. You'd think he'd suit a role similar to Lallana, in that he supports the striker and makes those late runs in/around the box. I think perhaps Lamela is taking that role at the moment though, so I just hope we get him on a new contract and worry about it later.
I am not sure why people feel that's his role. To me, Eriksen seems to be the guy who wants to sit just outside the top of the box, and either play the throughball to the striker, find another open man, or bring the ball into the box and shoots. He's not so much a support as the guy setting the whole thing off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom