Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would argue Adebayor is ruining the team at the moment. He's been absolutely cack, wasn't ready to come on after being dropped then set up Stoke twice with his first two touches. I see what you're saying about him being slight, he also doesn't have the most pace. I don't think we should sell him though, at least give it until the summer. Poch doesn't play with traditional wingers anyway as far as I can gather, so that's never going to happen regardless of who plays.

He's one of the few players we have with CL experience so when we win the EL and quality he'll be important! :pochlol:
No arguing necessary about Adebayor. He's a useless fucking lump right now. I didn't mention him because it's not the Adebayor thread. Will also say, whoever is playing up front would struggle with the service they wouldn't get from our midfield.

This proves nothing though... As a team we're playing badly. If we were playing better as a unit I'm sure we'd see Eriksen's stats improve. He's also playing in a position he's not suited for in the EPL and would be better off playing the role he did last year.

Siggy on the other hand has gone into a team playing well and in the position that suits him for this league.

Just wait until we start playing good football and those stats won't mean a thing.

I would argue Adebayor is ruining the team at the moment. He's been absolutely cack, wasn't ready to come on after being dropped then set up Stoke twice with his first two touches. I see what you're saying about him being slight, he also doesn't have the most pace. I don't think we should sell him though, at least give it until the summer.

I'm sure he's on a free in the summer - doesn't his contract expire.

Be interesting to see how he plays in May, if it does expire the summer and he's still after an extension?

This proves nothing though... As a team we're playing badly. If we were playing better as a unit I'm sure we'd see Eriksen's stats improve. He's also playing in a position he's not suited for in the EPL and would be better off playing the role he did last year.

Siggy on the other hand has gone into a team playing well and in the position that suits him for this league.

Just wait until we start playing good football and those stats won't mean a thing.

Could I commend you on your excellent profile name and direct you to Iversen thread I created to manifest my man crush of our blonde bombshell? :freund:

sorry for my english , i made an approx. translate

Christian Eriksen interview for the romanian media (ProSport) ,today –friendly match between Romania-Denmark (about Denmark,Ajax,Spurs and ...Chiriches)
http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-inter...es-e-iubit-ii-ies-schemele-defensiva-13583097

“22 years old,Eriksen a complete footballer,a very important player for Denmark ,also for Tottenham, and with this match in Bucharest will touch 50 caps for his national team.”

“He’s a very rare footballer in this modern days of football,kick the ball with both feet,and that’s make him very dangerous for his opponents when he run in dribbling with the ball at his feet,many said that is the most talented footballer after the Laudrup brothers era until now,they don’t mistake at all regarding him.” (Sky Sports 2010)

Pro Sport said about his career ,achievements,stats etc then was asked:
Pro Sport: “Christian ,you have 49 caps until now for Denmark,and you may become the most youngest player from Denmark's football history who will make 50 caps. How do you feel now ?”

C.E : “I’m a 22 years old man,I think is already a big performance. I read myself that I can beat Michael Laudrup who had 50 caps at 24 years old…so, I’m proud myself about this,it was hard to believe when i started to play for Denmark 4 years ago…I was involved in many matches with good matches made by me…

P.S: “Is Denmark national team a family? What is the objective in a short term?
C.E: “ I think everyone wants to qualify for Euro 2016,we really wants to accomplish that,the atmosphere inside the squad is …excellent! We speak the same language and we are friends between us!despite we play for different teams In different countries, we don’t meet each other very often, and when we meet (Denmark actions), we feel that we are a very true family,everyone is relaxed…

P.S: “ You said that you have already 4 years played for Denmark,you was in South Africa in World Cup 2010,how much you changed since then?
C.E: “ I remembered that I was the youngest player at that competition,and the experience gained there was unique,I think I’m the same person, I was involved in many clashes,many experiences,playing in many matches, I don’t changed so much (I’m the same)…

P.S: “…Probably you had more good an english accent….”
C.E: “ (smiling) …Yes,my english is much better since then,probably…”

I skip here some lines (he was asked about handball In Denmark,he said that after football ,danish citizens watch very often handball,the second popular sport In Denmark after football,of course ,some previous meetings between Romania and Denmark in the past in football…) then…

P.S: “Your career was formidable,after you came to play for Ajax, how was there and what you learned there?”
C.E: “I was 16 years old kid,when I signed for them,but I made the big step very quick for the big team of Ajax and I felt myself excellent…I speak dutch fluently,adapted myself very well there,similar traditions (culture) between us (Denmark and Holland),was helpful for me that many danish players play in Holland (also for Ajax).What I learned there? HOW TO WIN A TITLE!

P.S: “ You are for the second time in Romania,first time you was here to play with Ajax versus Steaua (Last 16 round ,Europa League,february 2013)…”
C.E: “ I know that we won home with 2-0 ,and in the second leg ,in Bucharest,my current team mate from Tottenham ,Vlad Chiriches (man of the match in that match ,an assist and a goal) scored a superb goal “folha seca” (volley) from distance,lucky one…Steaua made 2-0 then extra time,when we (Ajax) lost on penalties, I scored one goal at the penalty shoot-out,but wasn’t good enough…Ajax lost ,unfortunately,pity…

Eriksen quote: “ When i don’t play football,I like to be relaxed…watching movies,tv series,I going sometime to make shooping …”

P.S: “Then you choose Tottenham ,despite was some rumors about some offers from big teams in Europe (Chelsea,Barca or Man Utd),why you choose Tottenham?”
C.E: “Sure,Tottenham isn’t a team on the same category about you mentioned there,but I made the step in that moment ,and I don’t regret nothing, even one second”

P.S: “ How is the life in England?”
C.E: “ Well,very well.London is a big city with enormous possibilities,I feel excellent here.”

P.S: “ Now ,looks like you are not good in form,you were changed at the half time I nthe last 2 matches In Premier League.It’s a change in this season,since Pochettino arrived for Spurs?”
C.E: “Sure,myself I have a bad period (form) ,same ,the team don’t play what we want in this moment also,some unlucky moments for us,but we need stability.Every manager have his own style,he came with new players,everything is different,what we (Spurs) want to play is a MIXTURE style ,need time for adaptation,I believe all the players want to recover quickly

P.S.: “ You know that I must ask about our romanian player,Vlad Chiriches,how is he like person and like player?”
C.E: “He’s a good lad,very good,we talking each other and we understand between us very easy in our conversations,he’s a good player,sometime he scored (against Fulham last season) crazy goal…However,sometime he like to play in defense some moves,and when he made successful ones,everyone liked these,but sometimes he failed,then everyone is unhappy and criticized him…”

P.S: “ Spurs fans critics on twitter are very often ,they criticized not just him (Vlad) ,they made negative comments to all players,How react a player when he read these critics?
C.E: “Sometime you read ,sometime not…is a big difference,I don’t see why must to react at these negative comments.That was fans opinions,hard to change them…like a player you are a public person,and with that the critics would come inevitably…”

Last edited:
Playing Eriksen is ruining our team.

He isn't strong enough to play centre midfield. He's too lazy to play on the wing. He has to play behind the striker.

This means we can't play two up front. Also means we can't play proper, get to the touch line wingers. This is why we go into matches against shite at home with only one up front.

Lamela has a similar issue, but not as bad as he can play on the right of as a second striker. Eriksen is just becoming a tactical noose for us. Get back what we paid and get rid.

...disagree - Lamela is the anchor...
COYS

No arguing necessary about Adebayor. He's a useless fucking lump right now. I didn't mention him because it's not the Adebayor thread. Will also say, whoever is playing up front would struggle with the service they wouldn't get from our midfield.

Problem is no movement.

Lamela, Capoue, Dembele, Eriksen, Mason, Chadli, Lennon, Townsend - all players in whatever configuration or midfield formation, who wants the ball played into feet and from the either start a run, make a pass or whatever.

Same goes for Soldado and Adebayor. All players, who want the ball played into their position, not into space anywhere around them.

Our movement is so shit. Our passing is actually ok, rather it looks laboured because passers under pressure always pass to static recievers who are easily marked.

This squad is dysfunctional, quite in the way Hoddles squad were - too may passers, too few runners.

Nobody EVER do any runs behind defences or between opposition midfield/defence lines.

What do people think about Eriksen playing a deeper, swapping him and Mason?

Eriksen has struggled to find the form he showed last season, where he was playing a free role coming in from the left. I was worried he did not suit the pressing style Pochettino used at Southampton and ultimately would not fit the style of play Pochettino wanted to implement here. He often gets caught up in congested areas and becomes ineffective. He has no one to pass forward to as we seem to lack players who make runs in behind the defence. This is why I think playing deeper could suit him and help our side break down other teams. I am not going to go as far and say do the ‘modric’ role because they are different players but I would like to see him try pulling the strings.

Today against Hull he showed some of the quality he gave us last season. He seemed to drop deeper than usual and was involved in dictating play. I know we were against 10 men for most of the second half but he had a good foothold in the game and helped to direct play for portions of the match.

If you watch his goal he first received the ball near the centre circle and set the play moving. He drifted to the edge of the area unmarked he was able to place his shot into the corner.

On top of all this I also think Mason’s aggression would be useful for our pressing higher up the pitch, also his strength is good in crowded areas as he would not be pushed off the ball. He seems to show the strength on the ball Lallana had last season.

Nice to see him get so much of the ball today, one of the few players we have who can kick the ball in the correct direction even when off form. A ten man Hull is a difficult barometer to judge though but i'm hoping he's hitting a bit of form.

He had a brilliant second half yesterday, really pleased for him after Olsen's comments and the pressure being on. Very exciting to see him playing deeper, something I hope we'll see again this season. Hope he can be a central midfielder long term. Easy to forget he's still young.

Fuck him, he's shit anyway.

mf1KpzP.gif

Back
Top Bottom