Building the best squad - and we need what?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No problem, seeing as you now recognise that they weren't counted twice.

I don't care when they're counted, only that they (as have been proved) have not been counted twice.

End of discussion.

So if you don’t care, let’s agree to count Loan with obligations from the time the price is agreed and the transfer is signed so the player starts playing for the club.

Much simpler that way. Glad you agree.

So if you don’t care, let’s agree to count Loan with obligations from the time the price is agreed and the transfer is signed so the player starts playing for the club.

Much simpler that way. Glad you agree.
Let's first agree that nowhere is it counted twice.

Much simpler to get one debate out of the way first, before settling a second.

Nowhere that I can be fucked to dig out.

If that enables your comfort in denial, I’m fine with that.
Translation;

"Bugger ! Foiled again"

I'm sure that there's many others on here who would love to prove me wrong and have been bashing away on their keyboards trying to find something, anything, that says the transfer fees were counted twice.

Sadly for them and you, it's all in vain.

Oh well ne'mind eh ?
Maybe you'll win t'interweb next time round.

Translation;

"Bugger ! Foiled again"

I'm sure that there's many others on here who would love to prove me wrong and have been bashing away on their keyboards trying to find something, anything, that says the transfer fees were counted twice.

Sadly for them and you, it's all in vain.

Oh well ne'mind eh ?
Maybe you'll win t'interweb next time round.

Cool story

Anyway like I said, as long as we are agreed the easiest place to count a transfer is from when the player first joins the club, that will make every future conversation about our owners and squad building much simpler

Bit passive aggressive no?’
If you want to have a pop at me or take the piss, by all means quote me.

But tbh I prefer chopping it up with Steve because it’s clear we are both trolling each other. I’m not convinced you are able to tell the difference when people are taking the piss.

It wasn’t aimed at you ya absolute spanner.

It’s hard to tell the difference with you because on one hand you have reasonable views and then a second later you’ll be talking absolute crap about covid or the lefty corporate media or how everything is against us.

Cool story

Anyway like I said, as long as we are agreed the easiest place to count a transfer is from when the player first joins the club, that will make every future conversation about our owners and squad building much simpler
We're not agreed though.

But if it's that important for you to have the last word, I'll leave it there.

In January, I'd love to see Eze and one of the centre backs we have been linked with.

I don't know anything about foreign leagues anymore, so could only suggest players from English football. In the summer, maybe move for Rico Henry, I think he'd be good competition for Udogie. He's coming back from serious injury, but that might enable us to get him for a decent fee.

Also, if Chelsea have another poor season, their finances and weird transfer policy might dictate that they have to cash in on their club trained players. Gallagher has been linked and would be a good buy for us, upgrade on Skipp and Hojbjerg. The other player of theirs they might cash in on is Reece James. Risky injury history, but a quality player who can also play centre back. At his very best, arguably an upgrade on Porro, certainly competition for him.

If I'm being really greedy, maybe Kane gets homesick and decides that a year away is enough. We have a buyback clause?

In January, I'd love to see Eze and one of the centre backs we have been linked with.

I don't know anything about foreign leagues anymore, so could only suggest players from English football. In the summer, maybe move for Rico Henry, I think he'd be good competition for Udogie. He's coming back from serious injury, but that might enable us to get him for a decent fee.

Also, if Chelsea have another poor season, their finances and weird transfer policy might dictate that they have to cash in on their club trained players. Gallagher has been linked and would be a good buy for us, upgrade on Skipp and Hojbjerg. The other player of theirs they might cash in on is Reece James. Risky injury history, but a quality player who can also play centre back. At his very best, arguably an upgrade on Porro, certainly competition for him.

If I'm being really greedy, maybe Kane gets homesick and decides that a year away is enough. We have a buyback clause?
I was hoping for Eze at some stage but he's just signed a new contract. That may be largely to push up his market value but he's effectively priced out now - they'd want 60m+ for him.

Can't see any of this happening 😆

Back
Top Bottom