Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm willing to come in here and hold my hands up. Since he fully recovered from that injury against Forrest he's been very good.

Always seems to be involved in goals and even looks a lot better on the ball

Still wish he would take people on more with that pace but he's improved a lot

zGYEi4c.png

He's in some form.

Player A: 4 goals, 6 assists, 1202 minutes played, 0.75 g/a per 90 min.
Player B: 4 goals, 7 assists, 1408 minutes played, 0.7 g/a per 90 min.

Player A: Johnson
Player B: Maddison

One our greatest signing, the other a flop :ange-lol:
Stats are good but they dont show the whole picture. Maddison contributes differently and in a more holistic manner while Johnson is more direct in his approach. Not an apple to aple comparison.

I was one of the harshest critics of Johnson but if he continues to rack up the g/a i will be the 1st to say im extremely happy i was wrong.

Excellent display from the kid today. Absolutely loved his attitude. When he's that confident and aggressive, he's hard to stop.

More of the same, lad!!!

Stats are good but they dont show the whole picture. Maddison contributes differently and in a more holistic manner while Johnson is more direct in his approach. Not an apple to aple comparison.

I was one of the harshest critics of Johnson but if he continues to rack up the g/a i will be the 1st to say im extremely happy i was wrong.
Obviously you’re not wrong and I think Maddison is the significantly better player, though he also has the benefit of being 4 years older.

The point is about the perception that Johnson is a flop as he continues to rack up goal involvements.

Unpopular opinion it seems but I don't think he was that great today. I counted three occasions at the start of the first half where he should have played the ball up the line to the player making a run but either cut inside or turned back as he has no left foot and no outside of the right foot pass. Counted at least 4 times where he gave the ball away cheaply. Times as well where he just turned down a blind alley going to the left of his man then trickling a poor cross either to the side netting or to the keeper. The goal he scored was put on a silver platter for him and just happened to be in the right place not like it was a great run. Even the finish, he just stuck a foot at it rather than place the shot, the keeper still got a hand to it. Basically I still think he will prove to be not up to angeball in time. Hope he proves me wrong

Back
Top Bottom