Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Other than the goal, the thing i liked most about him today was his toughness. He used his body well a few times and was straight in there when that dirty cunt McGinn chopped Udogie.

He had a few games where he ponced about a bit and I think it was after he got a great whack in the head (i forget who it was against).

His head is in the game now, he's been pretty productive and seems like a good lad.

Unpopular opinion it seems but I don't think he was that great today. I counted three occasions at the start of the first half where he should have played the ball up the line to the player making a run but either cut inside or turned back as he has no left foot and no outside of the right foot pass. Counted at least 4 times where he gave the ball away cheaply. Times as well where he just turned down a blind alley going to the left of his man then trickling a poor cross either to the side netting or to the keeper. The goal he scored was put on a silver platter for him and just happened to be in the right place not like it was a great run. Even the finish, he just stuck a foot at it rather than place the shot, the keeper still got a hand to it. Basically I still think he will prove to be not up to angeball in time. Hope he proves me wrong
Motm for me. Vdv immense and Kulu can’t be knocked but think his overall game was excellent

If he continues like this, well, no need to even think about Nico Williams joining Spurs. Johnson is starting to gain confidence, which is seen in that he taking and/or challenging the full-backs more often.

Last edited:
Better goal involvements per minute than Maddison this season and our best wide player in that regard (allowing for Richy & Sons numbers coming mostly through the middle) still a lot of improvement to be had but ticking along nicely imv

Fair fucks to him.

Most aggressive performance so far from him. Had Cash on toast from the off and more importantly was constantly taking his man on.

Good finish too. He and Werner both warming up nicely for the run in.

Loved seeing a bit of malice come out of Brennan today

We saw a little of that show it's face in the last 2 matches too.....

Big contrast to the timid demeanor we were seeing early doors(*)

Exciting stuff.

(*Fair fucks though; big move, big price-tag and we had to fast-track him into the starting XI with our fwds dropping like flies within the first few weeks of the season.)

Last edited:
I'm more than happy to still post on here.

I think we overpaid on a player who is ok. No more, no less.

Puffing him up after a game is as silly as writing him off after one.

He deserves praise for how he played today.

He deserved praise for how he help change the game last week.

His G&A per minute output deserves praise.

.........Doing so is not as silly as writing him off as early as many did this season.

Back
Top Bottom