Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember Bale when he first came and we first played him at FB without much joy and it wasn’t until Harry pushed him further up the field that he came good

It was AVB who played him regularly as an inverted wide forward that really made the biggest difference.

Redknapp did it once, then everyone sang “he plays in the left” and Redknapp put him back there.

If Redknapp had had his way he’d have sold Bale to Birmingham for a couple of mil.

I think from a technical standpoint, it's harsh to judge anyone to Bale.

I think from the standpoint of massive improvements, Johnson can be compared. If he's hard working and has the right mentality, he will improve tenfold.

His issues are all coachable in my view. Technically, I don't think he's even that bad. He's no Bale, granted. But he's put in some excellent crosses since he's been here.

I do think he's better when he doesn't have to think too much though. Pure instinct. A bit like Son in that regard.
I’m not comparing to peak Bale, but ‘shit’ Bale

He’s seems a bit upright and one dimensional, doesn’t change direction or cut in….. I can see potential to up his work rate, confidence and overall threat but I doubt he will add much and I expect him to hang around on the periphery for 18 months then leave on loan. We’ll see, I could well be wrong

It was AVB who played him regularly as an inverted wide forward that really made the biggest difference.

Redknapp did it once, then everyone sang “he plays in the left” and Redknapp put him back there.

If Redknapp had had his way he’d have sold Bale to Birmingham for a couple of mil.
Yes but Twitch played him left mid first and I still say that was his best position despite his success as a wide forward

What are the stats for Maddison and Bentacur?
Bentancur :

Touches : 55
Accurate passes: 32/44
Key Passes : 0
Possession Lost : 14
Clearances : 3
Blocked shots : 2
Interceptions : 1
Tackles : 1
Dribbled past : 0

Maddison only played like 20 minutes so its not really fair to judge.

Last edited:
Bentancur :

Touches : 55
Accurate passes: 32/44
Key Passes : 0
Possession Lost : 14
Clearances : 3
Blocked shots : 2
Interceptions : 1
Tackles : 1
Dribbled past : 0

Maddision only played like 20 minutes so its not really fair to judge.
I rest my case. We played the best team in the world.
Let's see what happens v Brentford.
If our guys record similar stats then we can start worrying.

I rest my case. We played the best team in the world.
Let's see what happens v Brentford.
If our guys record similar stats then we can start worrying.

Who were significantly assisted by Tierney!

But you’re right they’re a great team and so they should be being financially doped!

Last edited:
As much as he needed that goal, he probably needed the bench treatment as well. Coming on against tired legs will have helped a lot.

Think he needed to be dropped. I think price tag and the fact he’s been an almost constant starter has got to his head and he might of been thinking, “I don’t want to lose what I have” and was playing to cautious. He showed aggression tonight which is what we need. Needs to utilize his speed more

Back
Top Bottom