Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was in the ground when two-thirds of the stadium booed his name pre game. The revisionism is funny. As for Kane most of us liked the boy as he wasn't a pussy like Bale, but he was a placeholder till we could buy a top player.
Any spurs fan who boos one of our players is a cunt before, during and (for life) after the game and need shagging with a ragman's trumpet.

Last edited:
for me i can see he has pace, not sure yet if he has vision for movement or pass, but the one thing he doesn't have is bravery,
it feels like he is worried about getting injuried or hurt

He's got work to do to bring me back around.

Pleased for him to get on the scoresheet, tho.
Don't think there's anyone saying that he doesn't need work.

People get weirdly fixated on his transfer fee and expected that he would make an instant impact, when I don't think he was bought with that intent.
Nor do I think that the plan was to have him start as many games as he did. He's not an idiot and would've felt the pressure to perform, when it didn't go amazingly his confidence obviously took a hit.

At this stage I don't care if he's scoring tap ins, they'll still get his confidence up, and have an overall positive impact on his game.

This isn't aimed at you Thinky, but the fact that people are so keen to already write him off is just insane to me.

I will always put the club first, before any player.

Until they prove me otherwise.

Which is why I could see this one, clearly, from the off.

No more starting this guy in important games.

Last edited:
Don't think there's anyone saying that he doesn't need work.

People get weirdly fixated on his transfer fee and expected that he would make an instant impact, when I don't think he was bought with that intent.
Nor do I think that the plan was to have him start as many games as he did. He's not an idiot and would've felt the pressure to perform, when it didn't go amazingly his confidence obviously took a hit.

At this stage I don't care if he's scoring tap ins, they'll still get his confidence up, and have an overall positive impact on his game.

This isn't aimed at you Thinky, but the fact that people are so keen to already write him off is just insane to me.

He seems to get a disproportionate amount of criticism when we don’t play well.

Some other players are much more culpable for our overall performance but seem to get a pass

He seems to get a disproportionate amount of criticism when we don’t play well.

Some other players are much more culpable for our overall performance but seem to get a pass
I imagine that's because other positions are more directly involved in goals. e.g defenders etc. We can still look at his output, effort and see he's not good. He's still pulling out of challenges or not competing for balls. Those should be absolute basics of being a pro footballer.

He’s only of any use if you can play him in behind and he can run in a straight line after it. He hinders our build up otherwise.

The trouble is Kulusevski’s the kind of opposite, he helps a bit better with the build up but offers no in behind threat, in fact you can play Kulusevski in behind and he’ll still end up the wrong side of the defence.

Back
Top Bottom