Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bentaleb and Stambouli look a good mix with Eriksen covering a lot of ground in front of them. Wouldn't mind seeing that in the Premier League at all.

I think a midfield three of Stambouli-Bentaleb-Mason is our best for tougher matches. Plenty of passing in there to not be too defensive. Play Chadli, Kane, and Eriksen in front of them that's enough goal scoring there. Walker and Rose/Davies add width and pace.

I think a midfield three of Stambouli-Bentaleb-Mason is our best for tougher matches. Plenty of passing in there to not be too defensive. Play Chadli, Kane, and Eriksen in front of them that's enough goal scoring there. Walker and Rose/Davies add width and pace.
Agreed, something re the mid that I've been saying for a while. I just don't get why Poch has ignored Stambouli so much.

Agreed, something re the mid that I've been saying for a while. I just don't get why Poch has ignored Stambouli so much.

You rate him way more than I do. I don't think he's anything special to be honest but sometimes you need a holding player and with Capoue shitting the bed he's the only option and he does a solid job. I'd never play him over Mason and Bentaleb if everything is equal and they are all healthy and well rested. Perfect for cup games and if we need to strengthen the midfield against a tough team IMO.

You rate him way more than I do. I don't think he's anything special to be honest but sometimes you need a holding player and with Capoue shitting the bed he's the only option and he does a solid job. I'd never play him over Mason and Bentaleb if everything is equal and they are all healthy and well rested. Perfect for cup games and if we need to strengthen the midfield against a tough team IMO.
Yep I do, that's for sure. Am a big Stambouli fan and think Poch has cost us Prem points by his continued ignoring of him.

Agreed. We should do a little 4-4-2 diamond

Chadli - Kane
------Dane
Mason-Bentaleb
-----Stambo

Agreed. We should do a little 4-4-2 diamond

Chadli - Kane
------Dane
Mason-Bentaleb
-----Stambo

Oh I like that a lot. I was just thinking 4-3-3. Have to make sure you're getting lots of width from the fullbacks in that set up. I'd be more tempted to play Rose in that system as he gets forward more than Davies or Pochettino could just tell Davies to get the fuck forward. Need Walker too obviously.

"The coach asked us to go to war”
love it
:pochsmirk:

Yes that made me smile. There's also this that resonates with what I believe Poch is trying to instill in the squad, "I had never played at midday in my life,” he told L’Equipe. “You eat pasta at 9am. It is a bit special. I took vitamin C tablets to wake me up. But emotionally, it was magnificent. My father was happy: ‘Do you realise? You are alongside Mata, Rooney, Van Persie…’

“I am usually on holiday at this time of the year. Now I am playing against world-class players. I had only played against them on Playstation. It is this kind of match which makes you realise that it is on another level,” he added.

He sounds like an enthusiastic schoolboy (I know he's 24) who appreciates the opportunity he's been given and is very grateful for it.

I've got to be honest, I don't rate him. He gives his all but he offers very little going forwards and I just don't think he makes up for that by being good enough at breaking play up.

I'd love to proved wrong but I just don't think he's good enough.

First post ever, but a long time viewer of this forum. I am a guy who has a lot of patience with Spurs players, even if they play bad. But for only the second time in my life I completely lost it at something a Spurs player did on the field and that was the stupid tackle by Stambouli to give away the penalty (1st time was the red card Ade got against scum, because that was a very winnable game for us and his stupidity cost us). I mean that was just a brain dead move, any sane footballer should avoid that, you know why? Because this game mattered. This three points was extremely important and I kept thinking to myself, please don't let Fazio/Stambouli/Rose (Only three players capable of making a retarded move like that when we are leading in our team at that time) make a stupid tackle in the box with the home crowd howling for fouls and voila, up steps Stambouli. Unless he puts in world class performances and wins us games on his own, I will always hold this against him, his idiotic tackle cost us the game. We really needed this win and now all the momentum for our run of games is lost.

I am a guy who has a lot of patience with Spurs players, even if they play bad. But for only the second time in my life I completely lost it at something a Spurs player did on the field and that was the stupid tackle by Stambouli to give away the penalty
Yeah, how dare a Defensive Mid try make tackles and shit..

You start by claiming to have loads of patience with Spurs players and then write him off (in your own words - 'I will always hold it against him') for one poor challenge? As if not even the best players out there have made mistakes during in the past. Come one, mate.

Even so - that was the equaliser - what about Walker and Verts' errors for Puncheon's winning goal? Our attacking prowess of a dead possum? Townsend's 70 minutes of strolling about? Blaming one player for the defeat is preposterous

Fucking joke

Being a defensive midfielder doesn't allow you to make rash tackles in the box when we are under pressure, especially when there are two central defenders waiting to block his effort. Everyone makes mistakes, but this one was tough to swallow since we really needed this win. I hope he uses this to improve himself and perform better and win games for us on his own.

Everyone makes mistakes, but this one was tough to swallow since we really needed this win.
We could have still won the game even after they equalised - only if we could actually string 3 passes together in their final third or make some sort of non-anemic effort on target.

Being a defensive midfielder doesn't allow you to make rash tackles in the box when we are under pressure, especially when there are two central defenders waiting to block his effort. Everyone makes mistakes, but this one was tough to swallow since we really needed this win. I hope he uses this to improve himself and perform better and win games for us on his own.

It ruined a very strong performance from him otherwise.

It was a really silly thing to do, especially on a yellow. Cant quite fathom how people think that Ledley dived.

Back
Top Bottom