Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just thought overall he was 'more of the same'. Okay but never gonna set the world alight.

He doesn't need to set the world alight, he needs to be put in front of the back four and do a job. Scott Parker was never gonna set the world alight and he did pretty well.

He doesn't need to set the world alight, he needs to be put in front of the back four and do a job. Scott Parker was never gonna set the world alight and he did pretty well.
True , but then he had quality in front of him . Modric, Bale ,VDV could take the
game by the scruff of the neck . Besides Kane , everyone is a downgrade.

True , but then he had quality in front of him . Modric, Bale ,VDV could take the
game by the scruff of the neck . Besides Kane , everyone is a downgrade.
True. I feel we missed a "more of the same" player to sit infront of the back four last season whilst our midfield two got overran every single week. Stambouli was the only one capable of doing this.

If we sell him, he will go on to be a midfield destroyer for whoever he next plays for... if he stays, he'll remain 'meh' type of player.
For the good of his career, (and to continue the Spursy trend of offloading players who then look like half decent players again) we have to get rid!

Plus he's calling himself 'Benji' now... when did that happen, did I miss a meeting??

I Think to myself "Stambouli Who?" Perhaps it's down to Poch but throughout last season I didn't see a consistent 11. And please don't reply with crap that the players need to rest 'cos that's bullshit. First, we need a manager who knows who his first 11 is. And THEN if the first 11 is not up to the task, replace the failures.

I Think to myself "Stambouli Who?" Perhaps it's down to Poch but throughout last season I didn't see a consistent 11. And please don't reply with crap that the players need to rest 'cos that's bullshit. First, we need a manager who knows who his first 11 is. And THEN if the first 11 is not up to the task, replace the failures.
Are you a fan of 'rotation' or not?

Are you implying that Porch didn't have a select group from the squad that were his go-to starters? The whole concept a set starting 11 seems like a worthless concept anyways. Injuries happen and the squad should and can change depending on strategy and who are playing against.

And players need rest, that isn't bullshit.

Watford are under that strange ownership with Udinese and Granada, they loan each other all their players. I'll be surprised if Watford are looking outside that arrangement they have, but I suppose you never know in football.

So apparently PSG have made a £6,000,000 bid for him and may snatch him away from Watfords grasp.

Feels very much like agent talk or PSG are trying to meet their 'homegrown' quota.

I would have loved to have seen more from him, but if Poch has frozen him out, it's likely for a good reason.

Back
Top Bottom