Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got this from here

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...ceptions-tottenhams-stambouli-produces-sensa/

so not sure if it's entirely accurate.... but if so.. food for thought
  • Stambouli made six interceptions, Dembele and Bentaleb made one between them.
  • He made four tackles, more than anybody barring Erik Lamela with five.
  • He created four goalscoring chances - nobody in the team made more.
  • Stambouli made 86 passes, the highest in the Tottenham team.
  • His 105 touches was also the most of anybody on the pitch.
  • He managed three shots with two on target and one goal, bettering Soldado's three with just one on target and no goals.

I think he played great bar the first 45 mins when he seemed to be running with a walker, but in the seond he seemed fine, and we where in full control of the game. wonder why we can't start that way.

https://metro.co.uk/2014/11/27/tott...-this-season-says-benjamin-stambouli-4964711/

Not sure if he was serious or not.

Tottenham midfielder Benjamin Stambouli is tipping his club to win the Premier League title this season – despite Spurs winning just five of their 11 games so far.

Stambouli arrived at White Hart Lane in the summer from French side Montpellier, where he was part of the team that surprised everybody and won Ligue 1 in 2012.

And while he admits it will not be easy, the 25-year-old sounds confident that Spurs can win the Premier League this term.

‘We can do it,’ he told the Evening Standard.

‘Tottenham are maybe not Manchester City or Chelsea if you see the money, but Montpellier were very small.

‘We have talent in the squad. We have some players who have all the mental and technical qualities but now we have to think what we really want.’

So yeah….

https://metro.co.uk/2014/11/27/tott...-this-season-says-benjamin-stambouli-4964711/

Tottenham midfielder Benjamin Stambouli is tipping his club to win the Premier League title this season – despite Spurs winning just five of their 11 games so far.

Stambouli arrived at White Hart Lane in the summer from French side Montpellier, where he was part of the team that surprised everybody and won Ligue 1 in 2012.

And while he admits it will not be easy, the 25-year-old sounds confident that Spurs can win the Premier League this term.

‘Tottenham are maybe not Manchester City or Chelsea if you see the money, but Montpellier were very small.

‘We have talent in the squad. We have some players who have all the mental and technical qualities but now we have to think what we really want.’

So yeah….

Can we win the league? Not a cat in hells chance.

Does it hurt to have belief in yourself and set high standards? Not at all. Too many players in our club don't push themselves. 3rd and 4th are wide open. Southampton will stall, eventually.

Last edited:

So yeah….
Yeah we'll probably win the league then. :)

This guy is after our hearts! He knows all the right things to say and he is most certainly saying them! Nice to see a player being so positive about the team and about game time. Seems like he is a real leader!

'We have the possibility to show what Tottenham are able to do, but we know we have to be solid.
'It's always a pleasure to play in these games and we are looking forward to playing away to Besiktas.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ham-look-secure-spot-Europa-League-group.html

To me this guy needs to be first name in midfield, just like Maradona used to say about Mascherano when asked about Argentina lineup "Mascherano and another 10 players".
So if we play 4 in midfield..it should be Stambouli and 3 others, if 5 then Stambouli and 4 others .. he seems to be the best who can act as the driving force of this team

:cool:

He does seem to be a very good player.
I'm slightly baffled by his complete lack of involvement other than cup competitions but there must be a reason for it.

I'm slightly baffled by his complete lack of involvement other than cup competitions but there must be a reason for it.
Agreed. Maybe Poch just doesn't feel that his style of play is suited to whomever else he wants to field first? I don't know, but I think it is high time that he gets more playing time in the PL lineups.

Maybe Poch doesn't feel he's fit enough at the moment to start Premier League football? Though a bit strange since he's been here now for just under 4 months.

Yesterday, Poch experimented with keeping one deep-playing CM, and allowed the other CMs to push more forward. Is this a sign that rather than having 2 players in the double-pivot who try to do everything - that maybe he will play one defensive-minded Mid and let the other Mids be more attack-minded? Seemed like Stam was the CDM in the first half.

Don't see how this guy improves us to be honest. No better than livermore, and certainly not as good as huddlestone or siggy. Waste of his time and our time. Get rid asap

Don't see how this guy improves us to be honest. No better than livermore, and certainly not as good as huddlestone or siggy. Waste of his time and our time. Get rid asap
Jesus Christ just give him a chance. He's barely played since we've signed him so we can't really judge him properly now can we? I think he's looked decent so far. Surely not spectacular but that might be due to the lack of proper regular game time. At least he seems to have the right attitude which can only be a good thing.

Watching Lyon play at the moment, Lacazette is a star. I remember him looking like a bit of a gem against us a few years ago, but he's starting to look complete right now.

Edit - Clearly the wrong thread, but hey it's still true.

Last edited:

On his Premier League Debut he got 20 mins against Sunderland, made more tackles than any other player on the pitch during the entire game. Can't judge him based on Europa League, most players simply don't rate it or get fired up for it.

I'm a fan of Stam, thought he was good in the EL game - would like him to play again vs newcastle then get more EPL time particularly over the xmas period.

Back
Top Bottom