Beşiktaş on Thursday (1882??)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's more the fact it's such a kick in the teeth from the club, really. Those of us going to league games already give them an absolute fortune each season. But it's never enough, and in a competition which they know frankly fails to inspire much at least in the Group Stage where we'll be playing a second string team, they still put the prices up to try and take every last penny off us. It might only be an extra fiver but all in all £25 is a LOT for what you're actually getting. If I go to the three Europa group stage home games and the league cup tie against Brighton, that's £100 extra before Christmas. Add in the expense of train fares, beer, etc and you're easily talking £150. When money is tight and there's a better atmosphere watching the game in the pub, that's pretty damned hard to justify. And you know what? I'd honestly rather spend that money on two away games, and I don't feel very obliged to go out of my interests to support a club that quite clearly doesn't give a shit about me.

Good post. I am going to all those games, but only cause I can afford them right now. If I couldn't, I would definitely choose to go to two away games instead, without a moment's hesitation.

The piss-take is that Spurs did not push up season ticket prices, which is quite right, but then they push up the prices of these games anyway, with no justification whatsoever.

I'd love to see a successful, organised boycott of one game but I can't see happening unfortunately. English fanbases are nowhere near organised enough to make this happen.
It would be fucking glorious but its almost impossible to arrange.

The only way i see it happening is if all of us bought a ticket for the same block, went in the ground, put banners on our seats expressing our discord and then fucked off down the pub.

Last edited:
It would be fucking glorious but its almost impossible to arrange.

The only way i see it happening is if all of us bought a ticket for the same block, went in the ground, put banners on our seats expressing our discord and then fucking off down the pub.
Only problem with that idea is that...would the club care, as they would still be getting our money? It would be bad PR, sure, but I think the only way they would drop prices would be if they thought they would actually make more money by doing so.

Only problem with that idea is that...would the club care, as they would still be getting our money? It would be bad PR, sure, but I think the only way they would drop prices would be if they thought they would actually make more money by doing so.

Well i was gonna say i dont really see how we can do it without actually block booking an area, because its difficult getting the message to 30'000 people. But if someone was truly dedicated, they could make leaflets and hand them out before/after/during a game saying "DO NOT BUY TICKETS FOR THE ____ GAME"

Seems a lot of hassle for a fiver though.

Well i was gonna say i dont really see how we can do it without actually block booking an area, because its difficult getting the message to 30'000 people. But if someone was truly dedicated, they could make leaflets and hand them out before/after/during a game saying "DO NOT BUY TICKETS FOR THE ____ GAME"

Seems a lot of hassle for a fiver though.
It would probably need to be a massive social media campaign, with a long build up towards the game in question. Even if you gave out those leaflets, people wouldn't take it seriously. You'd need to get everyone to believe that other people really weren't going to come. No one wants to be part of 500 people who miss the game for little reason, and go unnoticed by the media or club. It's the sort of thing which needs to be done either properly, or not at all.

It would probably need to be a massive social media campaign, with a long build up towards the game in question. Even if you gave out those leaflets, people wouldn't take it seriously. You'd need to get everyone to believe that other people really weren't going to come. No one wants to be part of 500 people who miss the game for little reason, and go unnoticed by the media or club. It's the sort of thing which needs to be done either properly, or not at all.
Yeah, its one of those things where if it isnt done properly it ends up being absolute pony.

Good post. I am going to all those games, but only cause I can afford them right now. If I couldn't, I would definitely choose to go to two away games instead, without a moment's hesitation.

The piss-take is that Spurs did not push up season ticket prices, which is quite right, but then they push up the prices of these games anyway, with no justification whatsoever.

Exactly, why did these have to go up? We're not even the worst hit, for many these were the only games they could regularly go to, families in particular who can't always book PL games weeks in advance or afford the prices, who've really been hit. If money wasn't an issue for me sure I'd still go, but while it is the price is just too high to justify it.

Got a spare for tonight in the park lane lower. Because you are all lovely Yids i'm flogging it for the special Fighting Cock discount price of £15! Can meet outside the ground :)

Back
Top Bottom