Beşiktaş on Thursday (1882??)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it is going to be an even worse atmosphere than normal for this one, as there must be around 5k-8k seats still empty, looking at the stadium plan though my online account.

Even the Park Lane and Shelf lower tiers are not sold-out, which is very unusual as they are normally the first to sell-out.

I am reasonably sure it is due to the adult ticket prices going up a fiver from last season to £25.00 plus the booking fee. As well as the 'discount family packages' increasing from £40 to £50 plus the booking fee, compared to last season and 2012/13.

I expect it to be exactly the same for the Brighton, Asteras Tripolis and Partizan Belgrade, which is extremely disappointing I am sure you will agree.
£20 was a bargain. £25 is reasonable. IMO. Can't imagine a fiver would put too many people off?

Byt7KXmIYAI-pRG.jpg

Byt7KRPIIAAozzV.jpg

Watch out lads looks like Woolwich's top boy is making an appearance :kaboullol:

Last edited:
I'd go full strength a win here would be a really good signal for the rest of our Group Stage campaign. I'm already resigned to us not winning at the weekend.

Besiktas rested players in the last round I think and drew with Asteras...I can't imagine a few changes would hurt to keep the majority of the first XI fresh for Sunday. We could kinda do with beating Southampton with City away after the international break...

Ridiculous pricing for these home Europa group games. Should be filling the ground by offering £15 tickets.
Brighton game slightly different as I am sure they want a decent wedge from gate receipts. Having said that Southampton were happy for Goon to charge a tenner.

Besiktas rested players in the last round I think and drew with Asteras...I can't imagine a few changes would hurt to keep the majority of the first XI fresh for Sunday. We could kinda do with beating Southampton with City away after the international break...
I not expecting a league win until Hull. A nice, solid win against Besiktas will be moral boosting and can get us through this prolonged league period without wins.

Ridiculous pricing for these home Europa group games. Should be filling the ground by offering £15 tickets.
Brighton game slightly different as I am sure they want a decent wedge from gate receipts. Having said that Southampton were happy for Goon to charge a tenner.

A family ticket (4 seats) for 50 quid, if a couple of blokes are going they may as well get one of those and have a bit of space/leg room, pathetic pricing.

Spurs 2 v 0 Besiktas
Spurs 2 v 1 Southampton
Man City 1 v 1 Tottenham
Tottenham 3 v 0 Asteras
Tottenham 3 v 1 Newcastle
Tottenham 2 v 0 Brighton

This is how it will go. Feel free to place a bet.
How it will really go

Spurs 0 v 1 Southampton
Man City 1 v 2 Tottenham
Tottenham 2 v 2 Asteras
Tottenham 3 v 1 Newcastle
Tottenham 1 v 2 Brighton

day before the game, still a shit loads of seats left, I'm not going as I think the rise from 20 to 25 is plain greedy from the club. Will watch in a pub in Tottenham instead.

Back
Top Bottom