Bayer Leverkusen v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't it mad. Everyone gets really pissed off when we don't win now. Shows how far we have progressed really
It's really strange supporting a team that has only lost 6 games out of the last 46 PL games and 3 games out of 13 in Europe in just over 2 years.
So, we lose on average - in Europe and PL - once every 3 month.

Last edited:
Dire. Toughest game in the group though. 5 points in the next 3 games and we will top the group so lets do this.

Monaco away won't be easy.

Let's hope it doesn't come down to needing something from that game. Two wins in our next two games (which are both at Wembley I believe) should see us through.

We were a bit sloppy but played against a good Leverkusen side. Some people act on here like we have a God given right to win games. It was a solid and fair draw away from home against a very equally matched side.

I'll take it any day of the week (except for Thursday's though)

I am exhuasted after that! If I was neutral I'm guessing that was a good game.

Fair play to Leverkusen, they were very impressive in the 2nd half.

Welcome back Hugo! Our back 4 this evening were superb!! Wanyama also brilliant. Alli and Son very disapointing, Eriksen found it hard to get involved, not poor but perhaps he is more effective deeper. Jansen I still really like and think he should have remained on the pitch, Son should have come off.

Have yet to see a replay, but I thought the goal wasn't offside, Jansen was off in first phase but didn't touch it, I thought he then came back onside when son played the ball.

Anyway, take that point. WE ARE HARD FUCKERS!

Jesus now drawing away in Germany in the champions league gets people upset

I remember cheering like crazy in the Paxton when we pulled it back to 3-2 down at the lane against Charlton when robbo was pounding the ball into the box like a quarterback searching for that equalizer and failing

Enjoy it! A great away draw, and we will do what's needed to go through

We're becoming a 1st half team, which very worrying
Goals scored in 1st half this season - 6
Goals scored in 2nd half this season - 13

Do go on though...

200.gif

I don't know what's worse, Lamela and Eriksen playing poorly with poor crosses and consistently losing possession or Dele and Son being nonexistent during the entire match.
Dele and som were not non existent though. Tbh the only player you could say didnt get involved much was Eriksen before the last 20 or so mins of the second half where he picked it up.

Second half was nail biting horror.

Thought Brick Heck did ok as ref but gave them most of the 50/50's.

It's so nice to play on Tuesday with admiration rather than on a Thursday with an apology. Hi Man Utd. When your looking at 1st rather than 5th/4th it really thumps home how much of a punishment that competition is.

Lloris is a God among insects. He should have a Hammer that only he can pick up and throw. Andy Carroll would do. Saves like that are as good/better than goals. Such a boost.

3 games left with 2 at our 'better than West Ham temporary home' and I fancy us to do Monaco away. Looking good.

Did anyone else see BT sport have Son's name as Heung Minson? I would have hate to get 'Minsonned' in Pharma town.

Can we have a running track around the pitch at the new white hart lane? Our press doesn't seem to work unless we are playing on a six aside pitch.

Trippier, Rose and the big lump up front can hold their heads up.

The rest....fuck off

Back
Top Bottom