Bayer Leverkusen v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good thing is having 2 home games next.. Annoying thing is they're not at The Lane.

If our CL games where there this year I'd say we'd win all 3, but Wembley seems a hoodoo for us recently. Fingers crossed this hoodoo breaks!

I guess we have to convince ourselves that a 0-0 away in the CL is a good result... (it would be if we hadn't lost our home game!)
As it is... this group is gonna be as tight as a gnat's chuff... which when you consider the opposition... doesn't bode well when you think the likes of Real, Barca & Bayern will be in the knock-outs...

Still... we're here, we've earned our right to play in the competition... so we've gotta make the best of it.

The next two home games are crucial. The phrase 'Must win' was invented for these games!

2nd in the group with two out of three away games played, I'm embarrassed.

18485898.jpg

I think we should add tedious no-risk possession based play to our repertoire when we are being outplayed like this 2. half - we were constantly chasing shadows and couldn´t find a moments pause

Such a frustrating draw considering our first half. We really need to learn to take our chances and kill the game off early.

Either way, a point is better than the loss. Keeps us second and with a good chance of going through.

Leverkusen coming out and getting on the front foot contributed to how we played but not sure we couldn't do the basics in keeping the ball and being patient with creating our chances.

I don't know what's worse, Lamela and Eriksen playing poorly with poor crosses and consistently losing possession or Dele and Son being nonexistent during the entire match.

Poch better give them the hairdryer. That 2nd half was nowhere near good enough. We were very, very lucky.

Never seen us so sloppy.

Lloris, Wanyama and Rose only one's to really come out in the positive. Even they had heir moments.

Win both games at Wembley and we're through. Imperative.

I thought the whole back four were alright. It was our attacking players in the second half that couldn't keep the ball and take pressure off of them.

I quite liked how Leverkusen played actually, bit like us with their pressing and quick attacking football. Their manager will soon be snapped up I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom