Baldini on Garden Leave?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mitchell is now DoF. MacKenzie is head of recruiting, so if he reports to Mitchell then what's Mitchell? I think we can treat him as the DoF even if the job title's slightly different.
Mitchell is not DoF.
Problem with the role is definition of the responsibilities within the role were never made public. But it is widely thought that the role is the most Snr Management role on the Football side, that's to say the Coach (Poch), Academy (McDermott), Recruitment (Mitchell) and no doubt other Administration functions all report to the DoF. DoF is also supposed to be the bridge between the Board and the Coach.

Mitchell is not DoF.
Problem with the role is definition of the responsibilities within the role were never made public. But it is widely thought that the role is the most Snr Management role on the Football side, that's to say the Coach (Poch), Academy (McDermott), Recruitment (Mitchell) and no doubt other Administration functions all report to the DoF. DoF is also supposed to be the bridge between the Board and the Coach.
Then what would he be? "Head of Player ID" is Rob Mackenzie's official title.

I don't think Paul Mitchell is just in charge of recruiting at this point, especially as Baldini's only remit has been sales for the last little while.

Then what would he be? "Head of Player ID" is Rob Mackenzie's official title.

I don't think Paul Mitchell is just in charge of recruiting at this point, especially as Baldini's only remit has been sales for the last little while.
He is Head of Recruitment & Analytics and has been building out this team since he arrived (Analysts and Scouts both in UK and internationally) . His job is to oversee a dept that recruits new players for first team and academy, this also includes analysing players already in academy. Nothing has changed with him.

And just as lamela had his best ever game for us too.

Cheers for eriksen and Hugo.
We've still got the receipt for Chadli and lamela.
Paulinho, chriches and Soldado will always be your cenotaph though

He leaves us now to spend time outside of club football....

Bit of an odd thing to put in there.

It reminds me of a guy at my old job who fucked up royally on a big contract and ended up losing the company a fair chunk of money. At the time was "Don't worry chap we all make mistakes".

Six months later "Yeah, listen..... we're doing some restructuring"

My guess would be as part of his handshake he is excluded to work for another football club. Probably find in two years time, when time contract expires, he will be back in Italy as a DoF.
Sure, just seems odd that we'd go public like that.

Back
Top Bottom