Baldini on Garden Leave?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's fair to say we are making a number of changes in this dept. My understanding is this:
Baldini - Technical Director (I thought he was DOF???) but appears to now have same title as Sherwood had. But still not sure what this position is responsible for.
Broomfield - Chief Scout brought back March last year.
(+ his son)
Mitchell - Head of Recruitment appointed Nov
MacKenzie - Head of Player Identification appointed Feb from Leicester.
It was reported last month that we had appointed David Webb from Bournemouth (who is their Head of Recruitment) but would appear to have been just speculation as he is still very much in place at Bournemouth.

One of my biggest pet hates with Spurs is not knowing who does what, would love a YouTube vid of back room staff introducing themselves and talking about their roles.
For those of you that are interested I have just noticed that David Webb's twitter profile has changed, it now reads: "Head of Elite Potential ID @ Tottenham Hotspur. Formerly Head of First Team Player Recruitment @ Bournemouth FC". I think this is great news given the work that has been done recently at Bournemouth.
With years and years of hit & miss recruitment it would appear we are backing a very strategic approach, one that doesn't rely on an agent picking up the phone and giving a manager and Levy a call and a brown paper bag filled with lolly.
His account is @webbster27

PLzz people just understand one thing Lamela is not a winger that why he is suffering poch need to change the system to a 3-5-2 to get the best out of the players he have and extra cb for protection rose and walker are two attacking wingbacks use them accordingly bentalab with mason or dembele in the center erikssen infront of them two strikers up top kane and lamela chadli ade or soldado thats our best option

Odd that not one paper has run with this story since it appeared in Marca, yet people appear to have gone with it as true, strange. Would have thought if the British press would have a better handle on things than Real Madrid's mouthpiece, or even if they haven't and need the clicks that they would have run with the speculation.
Loads of bloggers claimed they had heard the same from their "sources"

Seems like they just jumped on the bandwagon to try to seem in the loop with club affairs.

PLzz people just understand one thing Lamela is not a winger that why he is suffering poch need to change the system to a 3-5-2 to get the best out of the players he have and extra cb for protection rose and walker are two attacking wingbacks use them accordingly bentalab with mason or dembele in the center erikssen infront of them two strikers up top kane and lamela chadli ade or soldado thats our best option
Cool story, bro

As has been said before, if his role is limited to getting the deals done, then I'm happy.
Regardless of how they've turned out as signings, the 7 deals we did off the back of the Bale money all seemed to go smoothly and, uncharacteristically for spurs, quickly.

Baldini gone according to some itk'er

Plus enic will sell up once the construction plans are finished. .

Don't shoot the messenger ... All I can reveal ... Shouldn't be posting this ... Etc etc etc

A success or almost a success ? Can't claim he was a failure as strictly speaking his deals created profit overall ( Bale helped ) and he was never solely responsible for buying flops, just one of many.

I wonder if this is the beginning of the Long Goodbye for ENIC as well

Really interesting to see what happens next. I think the club is completely set-up for DoF so another could come in, like Monchi from Sevilla?
But seeing as we are actively promoting players from within, maybe their is someone already at the club who can take the role, John McDermott for example. Or does Poch become Manger??????

In my opinion his biggest mistake was to sign a lot of players who did´t want to come to Spurs, but were pushed out the door by their greedy employers. I don´t remember the quotes exactly, but this was definetly true of Soldado and Lamella and probably Paulinho - we should never make this mistake again.

Really interesting to see what happens next. I think the club is completely set-up for DoF so another could come in, like Monchi from Sevilla?
But seeing as we are actively promoting players from within, maybe their is someone already at the club who can take the role, John McDermott for example. Or does Poch become Manger??????
Mitchell is now DoF. MacKenzie is head of recruiting, so if he reports to Mitchell then what's Mitchell? I think we can treat him as the DoF even if the job title's slightly different.

In my opinion Baldini has been nothing short of abysmal. People say it's unfair to judge him on the 2013/14 signings but what other criteria is there to judge a director of football.

Capoue, Chiriches, Paulinho and Soldado all utter garbage and we spent 60m on them. Lamela under performing severely and he cost 26m. Him and that pretender AVB set us back years.

Back
Top Bottom