Audi Cup 2015 - showing on Premier Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we not think that if no game was arranged that Poch wouldn't have run the players hard in the week leading up to the United game?

In the 4-5 days leading up to the game? I don't know the intricacies of Premier League training, but I doubt he would put them through anything that strenuous, to say nothing of the taxing effects of travel and the risk of injury in live competition.

No benzema and Ronaldo helps us. Whilst they still have ridiculous back up, Ronaldo especially can really make something out of nothing.

Looking forward to seeing Bale to be honest. Should be a good game, really hope some of our youngsters get on. Onomah and Alli in midfield against Real Madrid. What a moment for them.

3-2 win for Madrid though. Bale with all 5.

Apparently Winks and Onomah are the only youngsters that have travelled with the first team.

Which means no Oduwa and Veljkovic.

Had a dream we beat Real Madrid and won the final v AC Milan.
The next day the papers gave it little publicity & called it a meaningless friendly tournament.

The I woke up this morning and read the papers. Creaming themselves over Benteke and Poo's 2-1 demolishing of Swindon and Woolwich's Stoke tactics win over Chavs and how they are now going to win the title.

The other half of the family are gooners. One of them had the front to say to me after they scraped a 1-1 draw at the Corporates ' I was a bit disappointed in Spurs to be honest, I thought they'd come and give it a go instead of parking the bus'

I still have had no reply from the text I sent him yesterday afternoon : I was a bit disappointed in your lot today, I'd thought you'd go and give Chavs a go instead of parking the bus'

Spurs Audi Cup 2015 Squad: Vorm, Lloris, McGee; Trippier, Walker, Rose, Davies, Dier, Fazio, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Vertonghen; Bentaleb, Mason, Winks, Alli, Dembele, Carroll, Onomah, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli; Kane

Last edited:
Kane is the only main striker, but Chadli and Lamela can also play upfront.

Can we do a Spain and play no striker and have Eriksen or Onomah playing as a false 9?

Kane is the only main striker, but Chadli and Lamela can also play upfront.

Can we do a Spain and play no striker and have Eriksen or Onomah playing as a false 9?
Chadli maybe but I am not sure Lamela can play that role. Either way we do need two more strikers.

Anyone taking a pair of boots with them to Munich? Might get a game should anything happen to Harry.

Worrying that we're going in to the season with just one striker (again) but I'm sure Levy has another Fraizer Campbell up his sleeve.

Chadli maybe but I am not sure Lamela can play that role. Either way we do need two more strikers.

I would also be happy with another main striker as competition for Kane and another wide forward to play on the right wing that can also play up front. Not really content with Lamela, Townsend or Dembele on the RW and Poch has left Yedlin home, so he probably does not rate him. Let's save this kind of chat to the transfers thread, although the doom mongers there depress me.

Anyway, I hope the games are good and we don't get stuffed.

Back
Top Bottom