Audi Cup 2015 - showing on Premier Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want anyone playing on Saturday playing tomorrow.
Team for Saturday, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Alli, Bentaleb, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane
Team for Wednesday, Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Davies, Mason, Dembele, Carroll, Winks, Onomah, Coulthirst
Agreed although Lamela looked really off the pace today I think we will probably see Dembele instead of him Saturday.

Back at home!

Great trip. Thanks to everybody who came to Kennedys before and after the matches. Atmosphere was absolutely brillant. Guess 200-300 Spurs headed there, way more than expected :adethumbup:. The karaoke evening was the icing on the cake after the tournament.

Also nice that we had quite a lot Spurs in block 223 at Day 1 and probably even more in 335, where the whole thing went a bit mental in the last 20 minutes of our game against AC Milan were Spurs fans created all the noise :freundgoal:

Brillant experience, hope Spurs come back to Germany soon!

Back at home!

Great trip. Thanks to everybody who came to Kennedys before and after the matches. Atmosphere was absolutely brillant. Guess 200-300 Spurs headed there, way more than expected :adethumbup:. The karaoke evening was the icing on the cake after the tournament.

Also nice that we had quite a lot Spurs in block 223 at Day 1 and probably even more in 335, where the whole thing went a bit mental in the last 20 minutes of our game against AC Milan were Spurs fans created all the noise :freundgoal:

Brillant experience, hope Spurs come back to Germany soon!
Good numbers for a foreign friendly. Glad you enjoyed it.

Over 2,600 Spurs fans (or at least tickets sold to English addresses) according to the Chief Steward I was speaking to outside the Arena (by Billy the Bear. Where I had a lovely cold German beer in a big glass tankard)

Got back last night. Really enjoyed this tournament. Foo Fighters "Learn to Fly" now evokes mixed emotions after it was played for Bale's goal against Spurs but then Chadli and Tommy Carroll's goals against AC Milan.

Was clear that players were only running at 50% effort for the first game but only to be expected for a friendly, and anything other than a BM/RM final would have caused uproar in the Audi corporate box.

Best bits: Drinking beer while watching the game (and buying it from the beer usher coming round during the game.
Cheeky winding up of the frauleine in the bar by persistently asking them to top up the glass to not have a 50% head on it.
Imagining this was a 61k stadium instead of a 70k stadium (not too different after all) and how that might feel.
Spurs winning the only game that didn't have a pre-ordained result.

Worst bits:
Bale's goal. Felt crushed...
Queuing 3 times to get my beer: first because they said "No cash only card", second because they said "No credit card only BM card" and third time with my charged up BM card. But oh well I guess it's all part of the German efficiency thing: messing around with payments at the bar only slows things down and once I had the hang of it it made sense. Even the toilets had one-way entrance exit doors to improve efficiency....

Munich too was fantastic during the day. We went to the Englischer Park. Afterwards we got on a tram at ParadiesStrasse that was completely chocka with teenage frauleins in bikinis travelling from the downstream end of the parks fast flowing river back to the start.
:ledleylick:

Great trip, back this afternoon as I visited Augsburg too.
Nice to be able to have a drink whilst watching the game, the arenacard really speeds up getting served. I thought the specific food areas worked well too.

Munich's a great city, Augsburg likewise so fingers crossed for Augsburg in the Europa League to coincide with Oktoberfest.

Back
Top Bottom