Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

my only concern for this game is that there has been way too much hype.Sky sports and co are trying to sell this as a 'main event' since their typical teams manure and lolpool are boring these days.On paper we are stronger than city, the test here will be the pressure from the media now this has been marketed as a blockbuster.

We must purge all 'spursyness' come sunday and go for the jugular.

Lets hope. The City game is winnable although I cant see them losing two on the trot at home where they have
one of the best home records. saying that, we have one of the best away. A draw in both games for me as they are so important to all for teams.

We're the form team, it's them that are worried and so they should be

We will win

Very confident

:pochohshit:

Agree, looks a little chunky to me. needs to get fitter. Im a big fan and would have him at Spurs. I feel for him having to play for Pulis at WBA. It must be so hard to get motivate.

I agree with your 'motivation' point but that miss was unforgivable as he had a free header with no pressure and couldn't even get it on target!
Even Harry's missus would have put that one away!

:harrysmile:

If Spurs and Gooners win, we are two points from the top of the table. Do we support them Saturday or hope Leicester win, putting more room between us and third place?

I just couldn't support that shower in any form and the most I could give would be a draw.

With a win for us I would be a happy boy!

:troll:

I think that if we score at least one more goal than them then we will probably go on and win.
Michael Owen taught me that

He has to be the most biased commentator around!

Nearly creamed himself when the dippers scored the other night

Then there's Robby Savage.......

But I still pay BT £17.50 a month so who's the mug?

:memeokay:

giphy.gif
Goddam those tits are perfect

Our record against MC is strange. From memory rather than looking up records, our results in the 1970's were dreadful. We seemed to lose every match and I wrote the result off before the start. Then we beat them in the 1981 cup final and it all changed. We had a good run (cannot remember the exact time-scale) and seemed to be able to beat them at will. Recently they have beat us consistently until the last match. Lets hope that is the turning point and we can go on a winning run again.

We're the form team, it's them that are worried and so they should be

We will win

Very confident

:pochohshit:
I hope so. Im getting good vibes with all the confidence being so high on the forum. Thinking about it, there is no pressure on us at all. They have been title contenders all season so expectation is all on them to win these sort of games. We started the season looking for a humble top four spot although to beat City, we will then be true contenders no matter what happens in the other game. COYS

Our record against MC is strange. From memory rather than looking up records, our results in the 1970's were dreadful. We seemed to lose every match and I wrote the result off before the start. Then we beat them in the 1981 cup final and it all changed. We had a good run (cannot remember the exact time-scale) and seemed to be able to beat them at will. Recently they have beat us consistently until the last match. Lets hope that is the turning point and we can go on a winning run again.
Not entirely right, we beat them at the 3-1 when Defoe and Bale won the match in 3 minutes under AVB.
I don't think the results over the last years have been strange. They been pumped up with oil money and getting results by this. I knew that match that secured us CL was going to be the last win over them for a while.

I just couldn't support that shower in any form and the most I could give would be a draw.

With a win for us I would be a happy boy!

:troll:
Yep. Couldn't really give two shits about the result of that game as long as we attend to business. Their result is only likely to matter if we fuck up. In which case a draw would suit. But if we keep attending to business (& I stress "if") then the other results will take care of themselves.

"When you play a match, it is statistically proven that players actually have the ball 3 minutes on average … So, the most important thing is: what do you do during those 87 minutes when you do not have the ball? That is what determines whether you’re a good player or not."

Johan Cruyff.

We're better off the ball than them.

If we do win then expect the hype-train to be heading a little more in our direction. Might not be a good thing.

Unless Leicester win as well, of course. Then they'll practically be CL winners already.

Back
Top Bottom