Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Celtic chairman, Peter Lawwell, is the Scottish version of Daniel Levy and Ange has dealt with him no problem, whereas Rodgers and Lawwell never saw eye to eye. So Ange has experience of dealing with twats in the boardroom

Wonder if this is going to be a Levy special.

Gets everyone on board,

media pipping up,

start negotiations,

Poste asks for more power than Levy will give,

Negotiations end

Poste signs big new Celtic contract

Maybe.

Nothing to prove or win at Celtic beyond more of the same, with respect to them or the challenge of solving the Rubik's cube squared?

I got no idea if the bloke is good enough, whatever that means and won't be talking him into being the best fit or a non-fit.

We are talking a big club up against even bigger clubs, so he will need to be beyond exceptional but Celtic or us?

I think it's an easy choice if we go all out to get him. Only Levy knows if that is the caae but we need some movement one way or the other.

Ok his an incredible manager that no team in any top European league is after. Napoli I, PSG, BM, RM, any club looking for a manager this season basically even Everton or any of the relegated clubs like Leeds and Leicester. I don’t see anyone slightly interested him? Even after 25 years of being a serial winner. That is the thinking I have although it’s not to say he can’t do a job. But why no interest in this incredible manager only ftom spurs who have a Aussie rules COF in Munn.
Let's assume for a second that our Aussie CFO is the one driving this. What does it tell you that for his first appointment he would be pushing for Ange? You think if he wasn't 100% sold on him he would stick his neck out that far and start with a "bad" decision for the most important job, rather than go down the "more proven, works in top league manager" route?

Of course we don't know if Munn is the one behind the Ange appointment, but if he was, there is more than one side to this coin.

No he won't because he won't have the advantage of vastly more resource and will be shown up for being tactically niaeve which is what actual Celtic fans call him when they get humiliated in European competition.
No he won't because he won't have the advantage of vastly more resource and will be shown up for being tactically niaeve which is what actual Celtic fans call him when they get humiliated in European competition.
being tactically nieve …...he’s not the first nor the last manager of a scottish club that will have the same issue O’Neil, Lennon & Rodgers have not faired much better albeit O’Neil got to a final. Pochettino wasn’t exactly a master tactician, yes we got to the final by good, very good luck and ignorance…. besides we would need concern ourselves with that scenario if we actually qualified for Europe first

Am I overthinking this or does something not add up. Is Ange a smokescreen? ITK journos are saying Ange will be offered the Spurs job after the cup final yet you can get almost even money on him on the exchanges. Is he having second thoughts, or are Spurs interested in an alternative. Something doesn’t add up

Am I overthinking this or does something not add up. Is Ange a smokescreen? ITK journos are saying Ange will be offered the Spurs job after the cup final yet you can get almost even money on him on the exchanges. Is he having second thoughts, or are Spurs interested in an alternative. Something doesn’t add up
There is nothing to even add up.

This isn't even the media doing 2+2=5

They made up the 2 in the first place.

This is Banana + Tree = Postman

Let's assume for a second that our Aussie CFO is the one driving this. What does it tell you that for his first appointment he would be pushing for Ange? You think if he wasn't 100% sold on him he would stick his neck out that far and start with a "bad" decision for the most important job, rather than go down the "more proven, works in top league manager" route?

Of course we don't know if Munn is the one behind the Ange appointment, but if he was, there is more than one side to this coin.
There is more than one side to every coin , not the most revelatory of statements

I wouldn't be surprised. It was the same with Slot, lots of the talk and speculation was media driven when all Spurs were doing was having initial conversations with a number of candidates.

Unfortunately we have a chairman who is confusing and frustrating, who says one thing but does another. It is well known that he is a nightmare to deal and negotiate with. Noone can predict what he is up to or wants.

Can’t wait until next week for the next edition of this clusterfuck

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Well there's nothing to say that this aussie bloke is any more nailed on to be our next manager than Slot was before he signed a new contract at Feyenoord.

Against fucking who???? After outspending everyone by how much. He's a fucking donkey in a donkey league.

Seriously how much is Scott munn paying for your shit. Fuck off back to the east end of bigot land and sing your anti English songs there with your wee biggot mates.
Foul voted. Disagree as much as you like, but the attacks on guest posters, who have been nothing but respectful, is disgraceful.

Fucking ashamed you're anything to do with this club you bigoted clown.

Back
Top Bottom