Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And yet Celtic fans to a man want him to stay.

He will pish the epl unfortunately and win over spurs fans instantly.
Top 4 for spurs next season.
:(
No he won't because he won't have the advantage of vastly more resource and will be shown up for being tactically niaeve which is what actual Celtic fans call him when they get humiliated in European competition.

Conte's specific reset of the game was to draw oppo up the pitch but when I now see De Zerbi's Brighton's version of this, it's like watching a different sport!

I think what he is doing in deep build-up is totally unique and as such I expect will be emulated next season, just as the entire league has almost gone with playing a back three now. But the teams that are first to brake away from the norm do tend to have the surprise and do well until the problem is solved.
The thought of Davinson being the one to do those along-the-6-yard-line passes to Lloris' wrong foot....my doctor would insist I supported someone more sensible

:skipwtf::hugoshock::kulushock::richclosed:

No he won't because he won't have the advantage of vastly more resource and will be shown up for being tactically niaeve which is what actual Celtic fans call him when they get humiliated in European competition.

Spurs have the 6th highest wage bill in the league and a significantly larger revenue than the vast majority of other teams, I don't understand your point?

Definitely not a Chat GPT generated/pretend Celtic fan 😂 although if you asked AI ‘what does your average Celtic fan think of Ange Postecoglou’ it would probably be quite positive.

This is the guy you should be following for inside track on Ange. He writes for the Sydney’s Morning Herald.

Celtic fan coming in peace.

Haven't read through all the pages but have seen the reaction online. Feels very similar to our own fanbase when Ange was announced two years ago after it seemed for all intents and purposes like we were getting Eddie Howe.

Let me tell you, you're in for a fucking wild ride. I've been supporting Celtic for near 30 years and I can't remember another manager having the connection with the fans Ange has/had. The football is sublime, like nothing we've seen at the club before. The way he united the fans, the players, he brought us back from an utter shitshow. When he took over we barely had a first-team squad. He took over with about a month before our first competitive game - brought no staff with him, faced ridicule from all quarters of the media. At Christmas we were playing youth team left backs at left wing. It was a mess. Despite all this, he won the double that year against a Rangers side who made the Europa League final.

It's his modus operandi that he goes into clubs when they're struggling. He loves the challenge, and he'll relish the reaction from you lot as he'll see it as a chance to win you over. His recruitment is second to none and the way he deals with the media is fucking brilliant.

I'll be following Spurs now if it's confirmed that he's away. Never followed a manager like that before but that's the magic of Ange. Enjoy.

EDIT: comparisons to Rodgers only go so far. Rodgers won everything up here at a time when there was zero challenge, when he was taking over the best side by some distance with the biggest resources. What Ange has done - taking over the club in the state it was in and implementing his ideas so quickly and bringing everyone onside - is far more impressive. You only need to look at how he's viewed among fans compared with Rodgers to get a full sense of how impressive Ange is.
I hope you keep him, your board, players, fans appreciate him. Our board is a bunch of cunts, who will tell him to get CL has a minimum and will undermine him at every turn.

Pretend Celtic fans on the board now appearing - more levy paid for bs! They would never come on here for political reasons!

It's so obvious it's pathetic.
Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

Spurs have the 6th highest wage bill in the league and a significantly larger revenue than the vast majority of other teams, I don't understand your point?
seriously.

Celtic have players how earn more a week than some of the opposition squads they play, in fact most of the opposition squads they played. This is not about having a higher wage bill as a percentage, but in multiples. More than half the teams Celtic play have average attendances of less than 6500. It's not even close to being a proper league anymore. Being a winning old firm manager does not count for anything.

I'm not sure if I should believe the Celtic fans on here when they say that Ange was better than Rodgers or the regulars on here who have never watched Celtic but insist that they are the exact same because google shows that they got a similar amount of points.

Tough call.

Tactically naive because he sticks to his principles and plays attacking football against teams with much better resources? Did you prefer Conte's approach of playing defensive footy at home when losing because the opponent has a much better European history?

Back
Top Bottom