Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Arteta was a hot prospect to lead a project, as Alonso or Kompany would be, albeir without mgmt experience. Ange may well turn out to be an inspired appointment but a hot prospect he isn't. Just letting Levy off again.

Arteta a hot prospect how?

Who else wanted him? What other jobs was he linked to?

I don't think Mason's the type to do a Sherwood and try to cause shit for the manager, it would be quite a good education for him to learn under Postecoglou as well, and help implement his methods in the academy.

But I also think at some point Mason needs to get out and do some first team coaching somewhere to prove he can cope with the real pressure of a proper job, not one with little pressure like the job he's done for us.
Mason definitely needs to move on - or to be moved on, if it's not a voluntary departure. He's part of the Cosy Club who we're paying high wages for poor end product. This is our best opportunity for a proper root & branch clear out of the dead wood.
If Ange fails to do this, his project will also fail.

Mason definitely needs to move on - or to be moved on, if it's not a voluntary departure. He's part of the Cosy Club who we're paying high wages for poor end product. This is our best opportunity for a proper root & branch clear out of the dead wood.
If Ange fails to do this, his project will also fail.

Mason is not 'dead wood'. Don't be so harsh.

I do think he's got potential and needs to get a managerial position at a lower league club now though, and I hope he makes a big success of it.

Would love him to be successful and come back to manage us one day on merit, once/if he's proven himself.

Incorrect on both counts.

Postecoglou did not seek to renew his contract, he was not sacked. He had been in that job for as long as he felt he wanted to be and desired to move onto bigger roles in a senior setup.

If you actually know anything about Craig Foster, the guy 'interviewing' Postecoglou at that time, you would know that he is seen as a really good guy (was a decent football player too) but a bit of an idiot when it comes to football punditry. If you watched (and more importantly absorbed) the interview, Foster is bang out of order and misrepresents what Postecoglou told him about the failures of that team. In addition to this he proceeds to continually talk over him and refuses to let him answer the questions put to him. All this in addition to not having done his research. And if you know anything about our youth setup at the time Postecoglou was 100% correct.

Further to this, I am sure you also haven't noted that the same Craig Foster who got it so very wrong 20 years ago was one of the first people to publicly endorse Postecoglou for the Spurs job.

But I guess, much like Craig Foster in that interview 20 years ago, you did not do your research and did not know any of this.

Here is the interview.

And here is the same Craig Foster yesterday (noting again that he has not done his research :rolleyes:)

First impressions of Craig Foster are that he is quite possibly a cunt.

Our merch department is quicker than our recruitment.

spurs-australian-flag-mug__26542.1676299908.jpg

💪 💪 💪 💪 💪 💪 💪 💪
Just in time for the membership renewal vouchers and Fathers Day!

I have a very good feeling about this. He seems to earn the respect of his players very quickly and he will give them a licence to go out and express themselves. We do still need baldy locks to sign a few players though. But big Ange will do just fine.

Mason is not 'dead wood'. Don't be so harsh.

I do think he's got potential and needs to get a managerial position at a lower league club now though, and I hope he makes a big success of it.

Would love him to be successful and come back to manage us one day on merit, once/if he's proven himself.
You're right. He's dead twig.

Arteta was a hot prospect to lead a project, as Alonso or Kompany would be, albeir without mgmt experience. Ange may well turn out to be an inspired appointment but a hot prospect he isn't. Just letting Levy off again.
Since when was a 'hot prospect' who was an assistant manager or Vincent Kompany who's won one trophy in the Championship after a pretty poor spell in Belgium better than a manager who's experienced, won trophies at every club he's been at and just come off the back of managing one of the biggest clubs in the world winning 5 out of 6 trophies in the process playing by all accounts excellent football?

It's like when fans use the comparison of Steven Gerrard being successful in Scotland, he won one trophy out of a possible 9 available.

This Arteta love is getting on my tits.

Two seasons in a row he's managed a team which shat itself when push came to shove. Pissing around with lightbulbs and shitty drawings and telling his players he loves them all the time? He's just an odd man. Yeah, 2nd is better than they'd have hoped for at the start of the season but they blew an almost unassailable lead.

They've had their glory season, it ended with nothing. The big boys will get their shit together next season and squeeze them out probably, they'll be fighting it out for 5th or 6th with us.

His Celtic teams look good. Not just the results but the football looks really easy on the eye. My concern is, its one thing to turn Celtic into bully boys as most of the clubs aside from Rangers can punch back. But in this league, forget Woolwich, City, United, Liverpool Newcastle, teams like Villa, Brentford & Brighton can all throw punches.

So were going to play attacking and direct football, brilliant, I hope we have a plan to deal with opposition transitions and phases of the game where we wont have the ball, because something tells me when we play City, Woolwich and Liverpool, we wont be dominating possession. Where at Celtic, they dominated every domestic game by virtue of being inherently stronger than everyone else, and most of the other teams couldn't muster up a robust counterattack to save their life's.

Back
Top Bottom