Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another reminder not to believe everything you read.
Another instance of calling out the bullshit merchants and them being sheep:

Post truth
The official confirmation as Postecoglou as new Spurs manager did thankfully replace that Newcastle transfer guff as the biggest headline. But one piece of information on the incoming Australian’s deal seems to have caught a few people off guard, if these stories from June 5 are anything to go by:

‘Ange Postecoglou will become new Tottenham head coach, here we go! The agreement on two year deal plus option for further season has been reached as revealed in the morning’ – Fabrizio Romano.

Is Ange Postecoglou the right man for Tottenham?
‘Although Spurs did not immediately respond when contacted by ESPN, sources have said Postecoglou has agreed terms on a two-year contract with an option of a third year and a formal announcement could come in the next few days’ – James Olley, ESPN.

‘Tottenham Hotspur are set to appoint Ange Postecoglou after agreeing a two-year contract, with the option of an extra season, with the Celtic manager’ – Gary Jacob, Michael Grant and Tom Roddy, The Times.

‘It is understood that Postecoglou will sign an initial two-year contract with Spurs, with the option for a further 12 months’ – Sami Mokbel, MailOnline.

‘Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou has agreed to become Tottenham’s new manager on a two-year contract’ – Simon Stone, BBC Sport.

‘It is believed Postecoglou has agreed a contract that could run for three years and that he has cost Spurs less than £5million in compensation, with an announcement being prepared’ – Matt Law and John Percy, Daily Telegraph.

‘The Aussie is set to succeed Antonio Conte on a two-year deal, with an option of another 12 months once a £5million compensation deal is struck with Celtic’ – Martin Lipton, The Sun.

‘Former Australia boss Postecoglou has now agreed to become Tottenham boss after being offered a two year deal with a further one year option’ – John Cross, Daily Mirror.

Two-year contract with the option of a third season, is it? Lovely. Oh hold on…

Overtrained, maybe - and yet the team played like they had never met each other before..

Yet we were 4th when he was sacked. This squad has been on the decline since Poch. It's going to take time to fix this squad, I'm talking years, Conte was here for two years in the second season he started losing the fan. That's the kind of thing Ange will have to deal with.

You guys ain’t ever seen anyone like Ange.

He’ll pay particular attention to you academy as well.
The guy is completely invested in football . It’s not about the money.

Spurs faithful about to see first hand how a world class manager operates. Your club WILL CHANGE from top to bottom.
Congrats to Levy for having the foresight and big brass balls for giving Ange a go.
As for the spurs fans, you WILL ALL LOVE HIM !!!! 2 pressers in you will start to understand what he is going to cultivate.
Like I said you about to see a real world class manager at work.

Yeah, Mourinho and Conte haven't won anything as prestigious as the J-League or SPL.

:pochsmirk:

The man above wasn't too bad either, all this talk of Ange being like Poch but the real Poch was available all the time.

Anyway, good luck to the big fella. Hoping he exceeds my low expectations.

Last edited:
xmL11KK.png
Rumour has it Ange is the only man Chuck Norris has ever been afraid of facing.

They say that in Oz everything is out there to kill you. But that don't apply to the big fella. If he gets bitten by a venomous snake, it's the snake that goes into cardiac arrest. Great whites and bull sharks beach themselves when Ange goes for a swim.

No nail is harder than Ange.

Ange would've kept the Titanic afloat.

My Head Coach.

I just pray we get a song going to the big man to the tune of Angie by the stones.

30k of fans whining Angie. ANNNNGIE. Then some other words that work with the continuing popular beat combos original melody.
Angeee
Aaaangeeee
Where will you lead us, from heeerrre?
Angeee
Aaaangeeee
Please take us up another geeeeaaarrrr.

With fucking Levy in control
We've no trophies, we've no soul
We just want our mojo baaaacckk
Angeee
Aaaangeeee
I'll see you at The Go Kart Traaaccckkk.

Alright - Sorry - I'm off.

:ange-facepalm2:

Arteta never managed so what qualifies him to be better than Ange. You need to be given an opportunity in life and sometimes that person takes you to another level whether that’s football,business,friendship or whatever.
Arteta was a hot prospect to lead a project, as Alonso or Kompany would be, albeir without mgmt experience. Ange may well turn out to be an inspired appointment but a hot prospect he isn't. Just letting Levy off again.

Back
Top Bottom