Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think if the players and manager really can't get their head around the fans feeling a certain way in a very specific and somewhat unique situation, then they aren't particularly bright.

It's nothing to do with fragility, it's a situation we've seen twice in 30 years that I can remember, had this gane fallen anywhere else in the season this wouldn't have happened, if there'd been anything meaningful riding on it for us then it wouldn't have been an issue.

Pragmatically, I'd sacrifice having a miniscule chance of getting 4th place (which remember Ange has been at pains all season to tell us means fuck all btw) to prevent them cunts winning the league every day of the week.
This THIS THIS!! ^^^^^^
He doesn't have to agree, that's fine, but to passive aggressively slag off the fans is out of order. He and the players should be looking inwardly as to why we're where we are with nothing to play for ourselves.

Everything since January has been absolutely shite, and this kind of anger from him should have been evident long before now, when something could have been done about our faltering form.
ANGE had 7 months to avoid last night's scenario....
We were top in September...
We are scrapping to get 5th in May... That's on him and the team... NOT on last nights' result.

Close the fucking game out against Wolves... 1-0 up in the 90th minute, 1-2 defeat five minutes later...

0-3 down at half time against Woolwich might have contributed a bit...
.downing tools against Newcastle and Chelsea chipped in a bit....

A GENERATION of hearing GOONER cunts gloating about their superiority over us HAVEN'T gone unnoticed...

Last night wasn't a symptom of our club, it was a CAUSE of what's gone on before...

I just wish Ange would recognise that.

Spurs fans cheering a defeat weren't celebrating LOSING, they were just relieved that 30 years of mediocrity weren't gonna BITE US YET AGAIN!

Last edited:
I think if the players and manager really can't get their head around the fans feeling a certain way in a very specific and somewhat unique situation, then they aren't particularly bright.

It's nothing to do with fragility, it's a situation we've seen twice in 30 years that I can remember, had this gane fallen anywhere else in the season this wouldn't have happened, if there'd been anything meaningful riding on it for us then it wouldn't have been an issue.

Pragmatically, I'd sacrifice having a miniscule chance of getting 4th place (which remember Ange has been at pains all season to tell us means fuck all btw) to prevent them cunts winning the league every day of the week.

He doesn't have to agree, that's fine, but to passive aggressively slag off the fans is out of order. He and the players should be looking inwardly as to why we're where we are with nothing to play for ourselves.

Everything since January has been absolutely shite, and this kind of anger from him should have been evident long before now, when something could have been done about our faltering form.

My stance is that if you want to do that you have every right to like I echoed everyone's sentiments that we should not want the team to get a result because of the situation but for God's sake leave that shit at home, pointless going into the stadium to support another team, that's ass backwards and those fans deserve slagging off.

Our form has been shit and he has to take some of the blame but why can't two things be true?

Also as fans we need to stop taking his words out of context, he didn't say he didn't care about CL, he said that he's trying to push the club onto more than seeing 4th place as an achievement thus playing the long game.

Silverware obviously.

But yesterday was a once in a century Sophie’s choice where the potential upside in beating City was dwarfed a thousand times over by the nadir of handing the Scum their first title in two decades. They’d have said ‘we won it at yours *again*’.

How can people wave that away and claim it’s tinpot to not want that? It’s so weird.
It's not tinpot to not want it.

It's tinpot to be cheering it. Doing a Poznan. Abusing our own manager for not telling the team to graciously allow City through to score.

Currently I'm out of the UK on holiday, got talking to a Celtic fella here around bar.
He was saying that, he got away with high line and open football in, Japan, Australia and in the Scottish league.
But doubt's it will work in a more competitive league like the EPL, I have had these doubts as well, just interesting to hear what others think.
But I agree with Ange on wanting to win, but then why set your team up to be so open and naive.
Think we need to see how the first 10 games of next season go, if it's more of this open, naive football, along with poor set piece defending it then might be time for a change.

Comment doesn't even make any sense, we have on average deployed the 6th highest line in the Premier League this season, Bournemouth play higher.

It's a shame Ange wasn't there in 1971, or 2004, or at Upton Park during Lasagnegate ...

Or in the presence of ANY Gooner rubbing it in your face ever in you life!

He's lucky, Mate... He's only had Sydney Utd, or Yokohama Warriors fans to have to go to work with on a Monday morning after a chastening defeat....

Not the same ball park...

Not even the same field...

NOT EVEN THE SAME CONTINENT.... MATE!

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

nasm_f
disagree all you want , expected from a troll. it's literal FACT that he had to deal with losing 3-0 to Rangers, so it is in the same ball park and very much the same continent

Last edited:
Comment doesn't even make any sense, we have on average deployed the 6th highest line in the Premier League this season, Bournemouth play higher.
I think our problems lie in midfield and attack much more so than defence tbh, if we had more incisive finishers or more accomplished dribblers on the wings and up front, the ball wouldn't be coming back at our team so often on the counter. The whole thing we do of crowding the centre and looking for the inch-perfect pass to set up a tap in is very reminiscent of Woolwich under Arteta in his early years, and we're suffering the same issue they did, when the attack fizzles out to nothing if the opposition defence can find an out-ball normally there is acres and acres of space to run into, and only the recovery pace of VDV has saved us from conceding many more goals than we have. Couple with that the fact that about 30% of goals conceded this season have come from set pieces, it's clear to me where we need to improve.

I think our problems lie in midfield and attack much more so than defence tbh, if we had more incisive finishers or more accomplished dribblers on the wings and up front, the ball wouldn't be coming back at our team so often on the counter. The whole thing we do of crowding the centre and looking for the inch-perfect pass to set up a tap in is very reminiscent of Woolwich under Arteta in his early years, and we're suffering the same issue they did, when the attack fizzles out to nothing if the opposition defence can find an out-ball normally there is acres and acres of space to run into, and only the recovery pace of VDV has saved us from conceding many more goals than we have. Couple with that the fact that about 30% of goals conceded this season have come from set pieces, it's clear to me where we need to improve.

Exactly what I've been saying

The high line won't be the becoming of Ange it will be the recruitment and whether he is able to get his message across to his players.

I don't give a fuck about Bournemouth, nor should you as a supposed Tottenham fan Dan.
If you think or feel that, the amount of goals we have conceded and the manner is acceptable, then I don't really know what to say to you mate.
In general since Christmas, the football has been shit to watch, way too open and teams get through way too easily.
I didn't expect to finish 5th but, it looks like we will, so luckily for us , utd, Newcastle and Chelsea have all been shit as well, but next season they won't, so Ange and the team need to get their act together.

the league table since the Chavs fiasco makes grim reading, defintiely sackable form.

In the EPL you will get found it after a while, in the main it's the best managers working you out, and the best players putting those tactics into practice.
Same goes for all though, it's not about having some crazy tactic that nobody can suss out, it's about drilling your players to be good enough to carry them out anyway.

The fact that we've been so quickly and easily nullified speaks volumes about the coaching imo.

the league table since the Chavs fiasco makes grim reading, defintiely sackable form.

In the EPL you will get found it after a while, in the main it's the best managers working you out, and the best players putting those tactics into practice.
Absolutely, I don't know how or why any spurs fan cannot see it.
The form has been diabolical, and in times past he would have been lucky to stay in a job.

Fuany actually, he probably should've been calling out the fans as a bunch of losers after we happy clapped our way through a home battering by Chelsea.

Didn't seem to mind our loser mentality when it was overtly in his favour though.

:ange-facepalm:
Spot on mate!

When they were being clapped off after being humiliated he didn't talk about foundations, he referred to throwing a salvageable match with his idiotic high line as " who we are mate".

I don't give a fuck about Bournemouth, nor should you as a supposed Tottenham fan Dan.
If you think or feel that, the amount of goals we have conceded and the manner is acceptable, then I don't really know what to say to you mate.
In general since Christmas, the football has been shit to watch, way too open and teams get through way too easily.
I didn't expect to finish 5th but, it looks like we will, so luckily for us , utd, Newcastle and Chelsea have all been shit as well, but next season they won't, so Ange and the team need to get their act together.

To be fair, you have no idea if they will or won't be shit next season. If they can be better next season, then so can way.

And no, the football hasn't been shit to watch.

We could always try and get Conte back and bore the fuck out of everyone again, or has your memory failed you on what that kind of football was like.

SUPPORT the team.

that disgrace was a lot deeper than just throwing a game against chelsea. he would of lost players over that or at least put seeds of doubt in their heads.

the irony about basically saying the fans are losers. the same fans that clapped that bullshit off! hes actually right, they are losers for applauding that nonsense!

that game will be spoke about in 20 years time. thats what youd expect a 9 year old to do on fifa.

My son sent me some comments from social media. Not impressed by Postecoglou.

If the bloke fails to get 5th and worse, doesn't recant some of his comments, I think there are strong odds of seeing De Zerbi or Silva in the hot seat by the start of next season.

You can't have the run we have been on and come out with the hypocrisy of last night's comments. Not acceptablle.

Majorly pissed off that the media is going on about us as fans potentially wanting Woolwich’s title bid to be derailed, when several years ago the PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS at clubs were inferring they wanted Leicester to win the league rather than Spurs. Coupled with stupidly “naive” displays against Leicester yet very hard performances against Spurs.

Pricks.

Back
Top Bottom