Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
Whilst he continues to be played on his weaker side, and is expected to come inside all the time, rather than go around the outside like a true winger, he has little hope of performing at his best.
Might as well cash in on him as currently a square peg in a round hole

I voted yes originally last season but if I could change my vote now to NO I would. This isn't a snap decision based on his pitiful performance today, it's based on what he's done since.

He's a ME player, it's all about him and he doesn't see the bigger picture. No vision and no end product. What he did today sums him up. Get rid - quick.

Yep. I got banned from my previous forum for claiming that about them, Lennon, Defoe and Naughton.

I didn't chill either. And when results ended with Townsend not to getting a single prem assist and making us soft as shit in the process , I went from clueless troll to banned pretty quick.

We need to get the dumb out of the club.

People claim I am repetitive. But it's the players form who I criticize that keeps me banging the same drum for me. I'm consistent.

Mate, I see where where you are coming from, I've not had the pleasure of getting binned as I'm not prepared to argue that much over players I don't rate, I have opinions that will differ to others on here but that's football for me. I will happily post what I think but you know it's a matter of minutes before some cunt calls you a melt or tells you to chill just because you put your head above the parapit and say you don't rate someone we have. Some would rather spend their time head buried in the sand saying shit like Rose will be so much better under Poch Andros will fulfill his potential whilst on another board saying we need Depay or Schneiderlin or whomever backing the fuck out of a player we haven't got, then to top it off when we don't get said target and go elsewhere they start wanking over them to justify why we are opting for them over the other pretending they watch Dutch or French or Ghanaian football week in week out and they've been watching them since they were 12 re quoting shit they've read from anywhere when they may know actually fuck all.
I'm consistent too in my opinions, happy to be proved wrong, nothing I want more than to see our academy lads do well and be first teamers but really can't see it happening at the mo.

The guy isn't fit and has no confidence, you don't put him on against liverpool when they are pressing us like crazy. He hasn't been fit for a 7 months or so but then he was one of our better performers when he was.

He was awful Thursday night and cost us another goal today. Runs into dead ends far too often for my liking. Not sure how much of that is down to him or the teams tactics, but he is on current form nowhere near good enough.

I don't think it's fair to judge him on the last part of last season or those shocking 30 mins today. I probably wouldn't cry my eyes out if he left tomorrow, but I think he's a better player that what we have seen lately. He needs to work on his decision-making and get some confidence back.

I've always been for keeping him, but he's certainly making it difficult. I feel like his performances are actually regressing! Is that possible? Am I crazy?

He loses the ball endlessly, rarely passes, and he can barely keep the ball long enough to take a mediocre shot anymore. Not sure what the hell is going on with him.

I've always been for keeping him, but he's certainly making it difficult. I feel like his performances are actually regressing! Is that possible? Am I crazy?

He loses the ball endlessly, rarely passes, and he can barely keep the ball long enough to take a mediocre shot anymore. Not sure what the hell is going on with him.

Lack of confidence. When that happens he needs to be given enough time in the team to get it right and hope it happens. The last bit is why I start to doubt about the guy too. But as I just said earlier you'd hope he can put some work and get it right.

I think Townsend AND Kane are indicative of Spurs' Youth policy... probably great at Youth/U-21 level... and there's no doubting their commitment to the Club (and support of it in Townsend's case) but when push comes to shove, there's just that 'something' missing to convince you that they WILL be the real deal...

Can't put my finger on it, but remember when Rooney made his debut for Everton against the Arse?? Or Joe Hart against us?? THAT kinda something! ...where you just KNOW.

Don't lump Kane in with Townsend. Kane has a team ethic and is a better player in most aspects of the game.

Lack of confidence. When that happens he needs to be given enough time in the team to get it right and hope it happens. The last bit is why I start to doubt about the guy too. But as I just said earlier you'd hope he can put some work and get it right.

This whole "he doesn't train well / listen" rumour doing the rounds seems to be ringing true the more we see him, could be bullshit but he never changes the obvious weakest parts of his game

Feel bad for him. Not making excuses for lack of finished product, losing the ball etc. But he doesn't strike me as the type of player that doesn't give a shit what happens to the team. I think he really does care and is trying to help. But what do I know.

I originally voted to keep him, but I hate to say this, as he is such a huge Spurs fan, I have changed my mind, as I really feel he has lost his way. I thought he was our worst player on Thursday night, against piss-poor opposition. When he came on today, he was still doing those stupid step-overs, which are irritiating at the best of times but when we are 3-0 down........good grief!!! Mind you, he will probably come back to haunt us and save his one spectacular goal a season to beat us!

Back
Top Bottom