Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
I originally voted to keep him, but I hate to say this, as he is such a huge Spurs fan, I have changed my mind, as I really feel he has lost his way. I thought he was our worst player on Thursday night, against piss-poor opposition. When he came on today, he was still doing those stupid step-overs, which are irritiating at the best of times but when we are 3-0 down........good grief!!! Mind you, he will probably come back to haunt us and save his one spectacular goal a season to beat us!
Totally agree. He was shit. First contribution? Give the ball away & have a mild jog trying to catch the bloke he gave the ball to. That was just fucking lazy for a person who is paid more per week than I earn a year. Get rid of lazy cunts. I am not getting het up about today. But the problems do need stamping on.

How many loans does a "top player" need? No melt intended but it's hard not to
I think a loan to the PL club is different to fucking them off to league 1. He hasn't got much PL experience and it would be good for him and us, if we loaned him.

If he does well he will increase his value for us to sell on and if he gets some great form he could be a player for us to take back and use in our squad.

I think a loan to the PL club is different to fucking them off to league 1. He hasn't got much PL experience and it would be good for him and us, if we loaned him.

If he does well he will increase his value for us to sell on and if he gets some great form he could be a player for us to take back and use in our squad.
I love the lad for being a spurs man .but I just don't see how more loans in any league is going to turn him into the player that will make a difference. He is all heart. He is not top 4 class.

He hasn't been fit since then and he played well against Chelsea as well but who cares

He needs to move on loan to prove his worth again hopefully not to a relegation club

I thought it was his confidence.

Or is it AVB?

Or is it his injury?

Or is it his age ?

Or is it Ade and Soldado missing his crosses?

Or is it Dembeles slow build up?

Or is it Walkers linkup?

Or is it Sherwood's tactics?

Or is it he's being played on the wrong side?

Excuse, excuse, excuse, excuse....

I hate to break it to you: He's just not very good. And nowhere near good enough for where we need to be.

By the way....a loan move? yep. That's what he needs. His umpteenth loan will be just the ticket!

:freund:

I'm being a douche, but I've had this conversation so many times.

Agree with that.
Still, I more and more get the impression that he'll not play a role long term.
But even after toadays display he definitely has the potential to be important for us, IF, and that's the big issue, he gets his head up and uses his great technique and speed for the team and with some vision instead of dribbling in a tunnel. I think he can still achieve that but it gets more and more unrealistic.
One last loan to a PL team as last chance and then we still can decide what to do. I'm not a fan of giving young, hg players up that early.

I love the lad for being a spurs man .but I just don't see how more loans in any league is going to turn him into the player that will make a difference. He is all heart. He is not top 4 class.
So sell him off now and write him off and if he does improve lose out on money that we could of got.

Man Utd wont sell welbeck to us for the same reason, in case does gain some form and etc. then will want him back or an increased in a transfer fee.

As for more loans, a top league loan is incomparable to loan like Pritchard at Brentford. He has proven he is a PL player and is just trying to get the form he had a year ago to get more money or bring him back.

Off course there are these people who once they made their mind up they will always be right

How long do we keep making excuses for the likes of Townsend and Lennon!
We will keep defending mediocre players as long as we don't have the money to replace them properly. If a bag o cash dropped out of the sky right now and we could go get Depay and Reus, we would dump the likes of Lennon and Townsend in a second and nobody would talk about em again.

We will keep defending mediocre players as long as we don't have the money to replace them properly. If a bag o cash dropped out of the sky right now and we could go get Depay and Reus, we would dump the likes of Lennon and Townsend in a second and nobody would talk about em again.
Get your point, but we could not move both on (with our current squad) for 9-10 mill?

Voted "no" in this ages ago. Doesnt look up, cant cross, tries to beat everyone around him and fails - £12m from Soton? Yes please

Does the club really know what the need ?
Should Townie go or stay - hopefully the club knows.
Personally if i choose between Townie and Lennon.
Townie at 23 stays, Lennon at what 26/27 poor goal conversion goes to Harry.
On the HGP score this will hurt, guess Obika becomes a very important non-player if we cannot get a quality upgrade AL (eg Welbeck, Rodrigiuz).

Don't lump Kane in with Townsend. Kane has a team ethic and is a better player in most aspects of the game.

I agree at least Kane looks up and passes

Surely I'm not the only one surprised and also pleased with Kane's development. A year or two ago you'd bet your house on Townsend being better than Kane.

I wasn't comparing them as players... just that they both lack that 'something' which tells you they WILL make it at either ours, or another 'Top Top' club.

Townsend I could see ending up back at QPR (if Southampton really do spit their dummy out and 'refuse to play shops with us') ...but Kane will no doubt stick around for a while yet, but will only ever be regarded as a 4th/backup Striker, until he's older than 'Old Man Obika' and we'll wonder where all the promise and potential went, and he'll end up at Bournemouth, under the guidance of Harry Redknapp, once he takes up the offer of Management retirement nearer home sometime around 2021
...there, I predicted both their careers in one fell swoop....#nostradamarse!

Back
Top Bottom