Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
That happens to top 4 wingers too. Strikers scuff their fair share of sitters every game but over the course of the season the class of the final ball is superior.
Yeah but other top 4 wingers weren't crossing to Soldado whose finishing last season was woeful. When we had Andros fit and playing with Soldado our goal/shot ratio was atrocious. Then when Ade got into the team he was banging them in for almost every other shot he had. Andros didn't get that luxury because he got injured halfway through Tim's first game and never really got a chance again after that.

Yeah but other top 4 wingers weren't crossing to Soldado whose finishing last season was woeful. When we had Andros fit and playing with Soldado our goal/shot ratio was atrocious. Then when Ade got into the team he was banging them in for almost every other shot he had. Andros didn't get that luxury because he got injured halfway through Tim's first game and never really got a chance again after that.

He was banging them in no thanks to Townsend. Speaks volumes.

And IMO you drop Lennon, Townsend and soldado we will continue to bang them in because Eriksen Kane and ade looked a much better bet with the plus that ade and Kane are not pushovers.

Example, Lennon is the shortest player in the prem. Townsend has a worse headers won ratio than Lennon

We really, really need to drop the derp. Eriksen and heads up players like him that can finish are the future.

We don't need two lennons next season making us soft as shit and woeful at attacking.

If Townsend learned how to make a few of those shots it would open things up a great deal for him. He also needs to spend more time staying wide or passing when he does cut.

His decision making is pretty sub par. Let's hope it catches up with his physical game. He needs to try harder also. He seems like he fades too quickly and perhaps loses interest.

Also, understands the club and is only 22 ffs. Plenty of time left to develop. We gave Lennon plenty of time to improve and he never really did.

I'm not suggesting we sack Townsend off but this post argues in favour of that more than in opposition to it, unless I'm missing the point...

I'm not suggesting we sack Townsend off but this post argues in favour of that more than in opposition to it, unless I'm missing the point...

This thread was from last year with the England hype etc.

A year later, one prem goal and not a single assist I'm sure it would look different.

Essentially he ruined our season.

This thread was from last year with the England hype etc.

A year later, one prem goal and not a single assist I'm sure it would look different.

Essentially he ruined our season.
Within about a month and a half of those England games he was injured for the rest of the season! How the fuck is he responsible?!?

How's that at all relevant?! I said how was that possible when he was out for so long

How is a link showing over 30 appearances last season relevant to you over exaggerating how long he was out?

He took more shots at goal than most players, did more crossing than most players. Deal with it.

How is a link showing over 30 appearances last season relevant to you over exaggerating how long he was out?

He took more shots at goal than most players, did more crossing than most players. Deal with it.
Most of those appearances were after the injury and were for 10 minutes at the end of the game

Also, understands the club and is only 22 ffs. Plenty of time left to develop. We gave Lennon plenty of time to improve and he never really did.
Lennons raw pace was enough to see past his other lack of attributes. i suppose andros is the same. when he takes the ball from deep in his own half and runs at players he can be devastating. like lennon but, his final ball and decision making need a nit of work

Back
Top Bottom