Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
Yes, definitely. But I also think Townsend can be a good player on the left wing, given the fact that his right foot isn't that bad (I think his first England goal he shoot with the right foot) and his crosses are quite good aswell, better than Lennons imo. I think his player type is quite comparable to Bale, but Bale knew how to use his ability on the left wing, while Townsend doesn't seem to know it. So it's one more time a mental problem if you ask me.

You're correct that it was his right foot, but he wasn't far from dead center after cutting in from the right and moving past his man to shoot on his right. He is very ambidextrous, and this is part of the rationale for why I think he's a very useful player and should be kept. But he's recently molded the type of shots he likes to take cutting in from the left to the ones he likes to take cutting in from the right, and they simply don't go anywhere close to goal. If you've seen any old tape of him playing as a traditional left winger, you'll note that he never even attempted those kinds of shots in the past. It's as if his relative success on the right has made him even worse on the left because it changed his manner of play so much.

So maybe a coach would be able to drag it out of him, but until then I think it's far more preferable that he push Lamela for time on the right. With both those players healthy and under a good player-coach, that's about as good of a RW tandem as it gets in the league.

Chadli for me is a dark horse. I think he already has more in his locker than most of the team.

He's just not angry enough. If you put walkers will in him, he could be a fucking beast IMO.

Chadli's physicality and size would be demonic with Walker's will. I would also like to see more tenacity from him.

I agree that he's also a bit of a dark horse. His versatility at any of the attacking positions, and unique qualities for his size (bizarrely quick feet and step despite his height) make him a valuable option going forward. I still would very much like to see him used as a striker in the future. Just ridiculous how many of the necessary tenets of a striker that big fella has just waiting to be utilized.

Agree. I personally hope that he stays at White Hart Lane, at least gets a semi-regular member of the first squad and most important gets experience. Maybe he'll be an awsome player some day, maybe not. We'll see and hope the the former is right:townhmm:

I still would very much like to see him used as a striker in the future. Just ridiculous how many of the necessary tenets of a striker that big fella has just waiting to be utilized.

Absolutely agreed! For me perfect conditions to be a really good striker, and I know he once played as a striker with Enschede against PSV Eindhoven last year, scoring one goal and an assist!

Absolutely agreed! For me perfect conditions to be a really good striker, and I know he once played as a striker with Enschede against PSV Eindhoven last year, scoring one goal and an assist!

Yes indeed, he's apparently been used quite effectively in the Eredivisie as a striker. I think it's only because of his utilization in the Belgian setup that he chose to develop as a winger-forward. This was also more effective in the Eredivisie because due to his size, it's very difficult for defenders in that league that consist of either kids or veterans incapable of moves to a bigger league to defend against such a player featuring that size with his uncharacteristically quick feet. But here in the Prem, those attributes are extremely conducive to a successful striker. His goals against Benfica were signature results of a striker's play and awareness of goal.

Agree. I personally hope that he stays at White Hart Lane, at least gets a semi-regular member of the first squad and most important gets experience. Maybe he'll be an awsome player some day, maybe not. We'll see and hope the the former is right:townhmm:

I think with a RW tandem of Lamela and Townsend, between the two of them in all our fronts they're very likely to see plenty of minutes. Wingers are also quite possibly the most often injured players on the pitch, and as such it is suicide to go through season with only one first team-capable player on either wing.

Fluminese announce young england and tottenham star as their latest permanent signing.

Bqp69TZIUAAYyj4.jpg

Cant believe it, explains why he was out in brazil. Its such a backwards move for him though :/

Trolololololololololol

Fluminese announce young england and tottenham star as their latest permanent signing.

Bqp69TZIUAAYyj4.jpg

Cant believe it, explains why he was out in brazil. Its such a backwards move for him though :/

Trolololololololololol

Thank fuck, you scared me there! I almost died! Andros is love, Andros is life!

Seriously if Andros left... :memeokay:

Back
Top Bottom