And so,the F.A Cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fAA4cLZ.jpg

lulz
Traffic on the M6 must be dreadful if they're departing now

Let's be real. Who gives a shit if they're in form. They are league two and if we can't beat them. What hope do we have of beating anyone in further rounds?

I think we'll win 3-0 at a minimum. Edwards hatrick.

Another chance for the younger/fringe players to get valuable game time. Can't underestimate the importance of this to keep the squad happy (none of them appear to be satisfied with the bench or the reserves). Can't see anything but a handsome win here. It's a nice home draw for us & a few quid for them, plus a day out at the Lane for their fans. We will get into the last 16 and hopefully another nice home draw. Mustn't grumble.

Trouble is the Premier League and qualification to the Champion's League is the be all and end all of English football today, that is why 4th place has become a quasi trophy. A club is nothing unless it is in the top tier; until that changes, managers will continue to treat this wonderful, historic competition as a nuisance.

That won't change. There's plenty of ways to improve the FA Cup but thinking it will regain the prestige of the past is a pipedream in my opinion.

First of they should scrap the Wembley semis and go back to playing them at other neutral grounds for a starter.

I'm not sure we'll beat Fulham with the team we put out against Wycombe. I really want to win this.

Well I believe this game is sandwiched between the two games against Gent so I wouldn't mind us going full strength for this to be honest.

Harry the dog is a poodle.

Haha true, my old man always told me how we took the den in the late 70's. I even recall seeing a picture of leaflets thrown out in the Shelf the week before saying everyone should meet up and go south together, finished with "DON'T BOTTLE IT!"

I was there on boxing day 1977. Great day out. There were leaflets handed out in the PL and Shelf organising a meet at London Bridge for the great walk south.

Mental day.

As I say, will be an eye opener for our youngsters. Bring your A game or stay at home and watch Eastenders.

Maybe the FA should think about playing both London Qfinals concurrently on the same day at wembley. Chelsea v Man Utd immediately followed by Spurs v Milwall. A family festival of football to showcase to the world !

The stars are aligning.

- 3rd round: cleansheet against lower league opposition.
- 4th round: score 4 goals against lower league opposition.
- quarter finals: beat a high flying 3rd division team.
- semi finals: we met London rivals wanting a double.

- 3rd round: cleansheet against lower league opposition
- 4th round: score 4 goals against lower league opposition
- quarter final: beat a high flying 3rd division team
- semi final: we meet London rivals on course for the double.

We are gonna do it.

People seem to now be pretending it was liverpool's best 11.
No, I didn't. If you're gonna chat shit, chat shit to me you little pussy.

Crying the other day about how I still respond to you, when you do this passive aggressive little girl act pretending you've got me on ignore.

Either @ me, or stfu moaning.

That made me smile. I'm genuinely happy for them.
Love it. That's the beauty of the FA Cup. This is a massive draw for them, it'll make them money even if they lose. Yes, they will probably get beat, but it is not a forgone conclusion and that opportunity to beat us is exciting for them and the neutral.

As wonderfully heartening as it is to see Players of the plucky smaller club so made up and excited at drawing Spurs as 'one of the Big Boys' ...that footage is all rather indicative of today's' modern society.
'Cos when these lads look back in years to come on what was filmed at that precise moment they found out the news... all they're gonna see is footage of everyone else taking footage...

It's like they forgot to actually celebrate, 'cos they were too busy filming it... and what they're left with, are a few whoops, and mainly young blokes on mobile phones pointing right back at them!

Hardly the stuff memories are made of, is it??

Last edited:
As much as I think Shearer likes to consider himself ' the voice of the people' he is right with regards to the FA cup.

I am falling out of love with football day by day, the game I grew up on years ago has changed so much, I am all for evolution and it has to happen but now it's purely about money and revenue rather than the sport.

My best moments watching spurs growing up were the 81 and 82 cup finals, the UEFA cup final in 84 and the 91 cup final. We won something which is what competive sport is all about. I am now in a minority of rather us winning a domestic trophy than finishing in the top 4, to qualify for a competition we will not win, but hey the club makes a packet so who cares?

As I am whining I can also add sky sports, corporate fans, over hyped foreign managers, a national team who play with no pride, over rated and over paid players, idiot fans with I phones and self entitled numbskulls who think their team has the divine right to win every thing.

I try not to be negative around my boy as I want him to get as much out of the game as I did when I was his age and he does not know any different, luckily I still get the buzz taking him to spurs games and so does he. The rest of the modern game can do one for me though.

As much as I think Shearer likes to consider himself ' the voice of the people' he is right with regards to the FA cup.

I am falling out of love with football day by day, the game I grew up on years ago has changed so much, I am all for evolution and it has to happen but now it's purely about money and revenue rather than the sport.

My best moments watching spurs growing up were the 81 and 82 cup finals, the UEFA cup final in 84 and the 91 cup final. We won something which is what competive sport is all about. I am now in a minority of rather us winning a domestic trophy than finishing in the top 4, to qualify for a competition we will not win, but hey the club makes a packet so who cares?

As I am whining I can also add sky sports, corporate fans, over hyped foreign managers, a national team who play with no pride, over rated and over paid players, idiot fans with I phones and self entitled numbskulls who think their team has the divine right to win every thing.

I try not to be negative around my boy as I want him to get as much out of the game as I did when I was his age and he does not know any different, luckily I still get the buzz taking him to spurs games and so does he. The rest of the modern game can do one for me though.
I sympathise and agree with a lot of what you say. For me the best suggestion is to just stick to going to matches and watching live games on TV and watching Spurs on MOTD or the BBC write up as a last resort. Ignore transfer gossip, social media, pre match and post match pundits, newspaper reports, Sky Sports News, TalkSport, the lot. Just focus on and enjoy our team playing and the whole thing feels a lot better. Reading real supporters chatting on here helps too, as you know.

Back
Top Bottom