And so,the F.A Cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope we get a home run all the way to the semi finals where we then go into our temporary home for the semi and the final.

Lincoln would do nicely.

c91bcef66789c9a850fb639e06b1b9542b0d7ae3.gif

Leicester*
Tottenham
Chelsea
Burnley
Middlesbrough
Man City
Woolwich
Man Utd*

Are the only Premier League teams left in the FA Cup. The other 10 teams are made up of only 4 Championship teams too. Magic of the cup.

Raises a good issue.

Go full strength, and the cup is there for the taking. League places and title push will likely suffer though, due to fatigue, and fringe players probably start to wonder what the point is come August.

Those that feel we shouldnt rotate so heavily, the problem is that half n half teams are also not used to playing as a team, so the same problems arise. Do you want a title push, or full strength in the FA Cup?

For me, Id persist with the idea of a b team, but one that is actually consistent.

The problem is NOT our quality in depth, but every cup game is a team playing for the first time, instead of the same one that played the last round.

Id like to see the remainder of the FA Cup as:

...........................................Vorm

Trippier...................CCV.................Wimmer................Davies

..........................Sissoko.........................Winks

...Onomah.......................Son....................NKoudou

...................................Janssen

That leaves with a seriously strong bench, but the fringe players MUST get used to competative football, or it will always be as crazy as yesterday.

Sell, them, loan them out and then buy new fringe players that never play beacuse you want first teamers in the cups? Makes zero sense.

One thing Id be tempted to do is go stronger in the EL to be fair.

One thing Id be tempted to do is go stronger in the EL to be fair.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer to play better teams in the FA cup. Win 4 games, we've won the FA cup, first time for 26 years. And no overseas flights, Thursday - Sunday.

Happy to play this 2nd string team for Europa. So many more matches, so much more travelling. Strong teams in Europa, risks top 4 and CL imo (which I really think we will need to keep Lloris).

I'd prefer to play better teams in the FA cup. Win 4 games, we've won the FA cup, first time for 26 years. And no overseas flights, Thursday - Sunday.

Happy to play this 2nd string team for Europa. So many more matches, so much more travelling. Strong teams in Europa, risks top 4 and CL imo (which I really think we will need to keep Lloris).

Good point to be fair.....but there is just something more appealing about playing the likes of Roma, Fiorentina, Olympiakos or Ajax at Wembley, than hoping for Lincoln at home in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong, Id love to win the FA Cup, but I was absolutely gutted when I saw our Dortmund line up last year....that was a prestige tie, and could have been such a game.

I understand people wanting to go strong against Dortmund or Roma, but not against Gillingham and Wycombe to be honest.

Last edited:
Raises a good issue.

Go full strength, and the cup is there for the taking. League places and title push will likely suffer though, due to fatigue, and fringe players probably start to wonder what the point is come August.

Those that feel we shouldnt rotate so heavily, the problem is that half n half teams are also not used to playing as a team, so the same problems arise. Do you want a title push, or full strength in the FA Cup?

Poch post game ... "If you join the Tottenham squad, you must be ready to play. If you can't play in games like today then, well, we have a problem."

Still think this should be the "go-to" cup team if we're all about resting some players.

Vorm
Trippier - CCV/Toby - Wimmer/Vertonghen - Davies
Wanyama/Dier - Winks/Dembele
Sissoko/Lamela - Eriksen/Alli - N'Koudou/Son
Janssen
Only four people guaranteed places for me are the full backs (as Walker and Rose are two of our most important players), Vorm in goal and Janssen up top.

I think the two centre halves, if we're going with 4 at the back, needs to be ONE of CCV and Wimmer and they need to be partnered with either Toby or Vertonghen - so with Vertonghen out, I'd personally aim for it to be Alderweireld/Wimmer.

Midfield two is straight forward. Dier/Winks probably the best choice, don't think either of them done much wrong yesterday but nothing wrong with Wanyama playing yesterday with Dier stepping in against Sunderland etc. as long as they do get rest it's fine.

Any of the three behind Janssen could work. I think one of Eriksen/Alli/Lamela simply NEED to play - they strike fear into the opposition. A three of Sissoko, N'Koudou and Onomah (which we had yesterday) simply doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom