And so,the F.A Cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, and you will see that the date and time are TBC
The date is 100% confirmed on both the Spurs and Wycombe announcements. The Wycombe announcement also clearly says "This game has not been selected for live television broadcast and is therefore expected to kick off at 3pm, subject to final confirmation." So I guess it's only policing/transport issues that could potentially move the kick off time. With Woolwich being away and West Ham being out of the cup, I struggle to see any problems here.

The date is 100% confirmed on both the Spurs and Wycombe announcements. The Wycombe announcement also clearly says "This game has not been selected for live television broadcast and is therefore expected to kick off at 3pm, subject to final confirmation." So I guess it's only policing/transport issues that could potentially move the kick off time. With Woolwich being away and West Ham being out of the cup, I struggle to see any problems here.
I'd be surprised if it was a televised match. From a selfish point of view, I hope it is because I can't make it to the game. But TV will be looking for the glamour ties, the possible giant killing games, & Manure will be televised. They always are.
Our game isn't a glamour tie & I don't think it will be seen as a possible shock result/giant killing. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm confident it will be one of the 3pm kick offs.

I'd be surprised if it was a televised match. From a selfish point of view, I hope it is because I can't make it to the game. But TV will be looking for the glamour ties, the possible giant killing games, & Manure will be televised. They always are.
Our game isn't a glamour tie & I don't think it will be seen as a possible shock result/giant killing. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm confident it will be one of the 3pm kick offs.

It's a back-handed compliment from the TV people that they don't see this as anything other than a Spurs win...
Nothing to see here, move along please!

The Spurs - Villa game was different, as it was two famous old clubs... Villa hadn't been on TV much in the past few years, and you never know...

Wycombe (unless something spectacularly improbable happens) will be enjoying the occasion, yes they may well push us hard and not get trounced... but come on, most of their players will be on their mobile phones filming the game from the unique vantage point of on the pitch, if the 4th Rd. Cup draw footage was anything to go by!!

The Emirates FA Cup fourth round television selections
They're taking the piss with Palace/Bolton/Man City/Man United/Wigan. If Bolton win their replay against Palace, City go to Bolton on the Sunday on TV and United play Wigan on the Sunday not on TV... if Palace win, City go to Palace on the Saturday not on TV and United play Wigan on the Sunday on TV. Unbelievable... don't think I've ever known them make TV schedules subject to replay outcomes. Thank fuck it doesn't affect us.

Last edited:
The Emirates FA Cup fourth round... If Bolton win their replay against Palace, City go to Bolton on the Sunday on TV and United play Wigan on the Sunday not on TV... if Palace win, City go to Palace on the Saturday not on TV and United play Wigan on the Sunday on TV. Unbelievable... don't think I've ever known them make TV schedules subject to replay outcomes. Thank fuck it doesn't affect us.

Confused...? You will be!

^ First time I've ever heard of an away team allocating a singing section at WHL! Guess it might make sense when a lot of their allocation is going to be taken by people who don't go regularly though.

Got mine today, reminder for Silver Season Ticket holders. I was a bit tentative and to be honest probably won't have bothered if it was a Sunday TV game but ultimately I want to go to everything I can that we have left at White Hart Lane

^ First time I've ever heard of an away team allocating a singing section at WHL! Guess it might make sense when a lot of their allocation is going to be taken by people who don't go regularly though.

Got mine today, reminder for Silver Season Ticket holders. I was a bit tentative and to be honest probably won't have bothered if it was a Sunday TV game but ultimately I want to go to everything I can that we have left at White Hart Lane

I know we are all different but I can not understand why you go to a match and don't get behind your team vocally. Particularly if you are a visiting supporter!

I know we are all different but I can not understand why you go to a match and don't get behind your team vocally. Particularly if you are a visiting supporter!

I think they're trying to differentiate between people who want lower tier or upper tier, although why they just can't ask l don't know. Their allocation is 600 more than their average home gate.

Anyway, they've only got one song - 'Come on Wycombe - come on Wycombe' it should be a riot.

Back
Top Bottom