Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get the sense that he had delusions of grandeur this season, he is a raw youngster and his lack of minutes at two different clubs is hopefully a reality check for him.

Be humble, get a loan to a PL side next season and go from there. There is no rush.

February interview. Apologies if already posted

“I came with Bryan a month and a half ago or so and we got to know Seville a little and I got to know Sevilla and his village. Bryan always spoke very well to me about the club. and before coming here, I spoke with him and asked him lots of questions and he said 'Go for it, brother'.

Luckily I had a very quick adaptation with the boys, especially with the Argentinians. Lamela has been so welcoming. We've already built a very nice bond. He invited me to his house and we had a great chat, so I feel very comfortable at the moment."

Veliz left Argentinan club Rosario Central to sign for Spurs in August of last year, though has made clear he believed there was a chance he could have ended up joining Sevilla instead.

"Some time ago before I came to England, I had conversations with Sevilla. But my boyhood club Rosario Central decided to sell me to Tottenham. But there was definitely interest from here. I had already seen pictures, videos of everything and so everything feels a bit more familiar.

It's a good thing I took this opportunity. This is a huge club and now I must take advantage and make the most of it, leaving everything on the pitch. Time will tell. Hopefully, I can pick up some minutes on the pitch."

Not sure if there's really much point him staying there, Sevilla only have 7 games left and barring an injury crisis, can't see them using him. Would have to be a mutual agreement if he was recalled and he couldn't play for our first team but could train with the team and play a few u21 games

Gold:​

Alejo Veliz (Sevilla)​

Alejo Veliz's unsuccessful loan at Sevilla continued as he missed out on another matchday squad as they won 2-0 on Sunday away against a Las Palmas side that had centre-back Saul Coco sent off after just five minutes.

The 20-year-old striker went in for voluntary training on his day off on Monday, along with former Spurs man Erik Lamela who was an unused substitute in the match, in order to impress the boss.

That La Liga sides can name 12 substitutes on their bench and he's still not making it into some squads in recent months shows how much Veliz must do to catch the eye of his head coach Quique Sanchez Flores.

The young Argentine has played just 23 minutes for Sevilla since joining in the winter transfer window and has not got on the pitch since March 2.

Last edited:
Guess Spurs Needs to find a loan in an easier country next season. I haven't got any suggestions, but I'm pretty sure he won't play with Spurs next season.

Gold:​

Alejo Veliz (Sevilla)​

Alejo Veliz's unsuccessful loan at Sevilla continued as he missed out on another matchday squad as they won 2-0 on Sunday away against a Las Palmas side that had centre-back Saul Coco sent off after just five minutes.

The 20-year-old striker went in for voluntary training on his day off on Monday, along with former Spurs man Erik Lamela who was an unused substitute in the match, in order to impress the boss.

That La Liga sides can name 12 substitutes on their bench and he's still not making it into some squads in recent months shows how much Veliz must do to catch the eye of his head coach Quique Sanchez Flores.

The young Argentine has played just 23 minutes for Sevilla since joining in the winter transfer window and has not got on the pitch since March 2.
Why on earth can’t prem teams have 11 subs on the bench. Can only hinder youth.

Back
Top Bottom