Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The ball bounced off Veliz and the resulting spell of Madrid possession lead to a goal.
I wouldn't blame Veliz for the goal necessarily, but had he controlled that ball better that passage of play doesn't occur.

He lunges around looking desperate to impress, which I actually quite like.

What is the point of this lad being there? He’d be better sitting on the bench at his own club. Another game tonight and 5 mins to go and no sign of him coming on. I really don’t get it.

What is the point of this lad being there? He’d be better sitting on the bench at his own club. Another game tonight and 5 mins to go and no sign of him coming on. I really don’t get it.
Does Ange fancy him? If not, he's better off trying to build his career elsewhere.

Unused sub.
Sevilla are 6 points off the relegation places. They were losing up until the 80th minute and scraped a draw tonight against the bottom club.

They surprised themselves with a 23 year old from their b team who's come in and been very good. It wasn't expected

They surprised themselves with a 23 year old from their b team who's come in and been very good. It wasn't expected
Then it’s a good Ego balancing experience for Veliz. He will come back humbler, yet hopefully with even more determination for next season.

Would like a Prem loan next season, to a Luton type team (where he can be first sub to the striker).

Not every player, especially youngsters, we buy is set for a THFC career.
There is as much a game of playing the transfer market to make a quick buck as there is trying to improve the first team squad.

Then it’s a good Ego balancing experience for Veliz. He will come back humbler, yet hopefully with even more determination for next season.
I don't get the impression he suffers from a surfeit of confidence?

And you don't really want your striker to be *too* humble.

I don't get the impression he suffers from a surfeit of confidence?

And you don't really want your striker to be *too* humble.
Didn’t mean it as his Ego was an issue, more that it will give him perspective that he’s quite a way short.

If/had he scored 6-8 Goals at Seville, he might have come back thinking he was close to a starters place, but with Son and Richarlison that would be folly. Just hoping he uses it to his benefit (ours) and readily accepts a loan next season.

Have super high hopes for the kid, but he is really just a kid.

I reckon it probably didn't help him that he arrived there injured and then as soon he started to return, their starting striker El Nesyri also returned from injury.

Do think he'll end up being useful for us in the long run.

Are people writing off another child? Surely not this kid could be the next Batistuta. He has so much time he needs to work hard and treat his body correctly.
No definitely not. I really liked his aggression and willingness to work hard. I also loved how much his goal at Brighton meant to him. I would rather see him on our bench experiencing our run in than experiencing a relegation battle on the bench at Seville though.
If he was here games like Sunday to get on would have been ideal for him and would make him feel part of things.

Back
Top Bottom