Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he started to look lively in those minutes he was getting. Better than when he first appeared anyway
I think if you took that goal out, the most anyone could say is "well, he's been on the pitch, that's a start"

He's only had 5-10 minutes here and there anyway so it's not really his fault.

Left out the Sevilla squad today and apparently not because of injury...

GIvQcDGW8AAtvCT

"Alejo has left us feeling good and at other times he has not left us so good. He has very high competition and Alejo knows, as you know and as I know, that he has two forwards who are very fit and others who are coming who are not going to to be so good. Therefore, he knows that he has to change the rhythm of sensations to be able to have more opportunities"

(google translate so might not be perfect)

If he's not playing at all can we not just cancel the loan? ....Or do we not have the spare squad space ?

Left out the Sevilla squad today and apparently not because of injury...

"Alejo has left us feeling good and at other times he has not left us so good. He has very high competition and Alejo knows, as you know and as I know, that he has two forwards who are very fit and others who are coming who are not going to to be so good. Therefore, he knows that he has to change the rhythm of sensations to be able to have more opportunities"

(google translate so might not be perfect)
Sounds like he is having trouble getting along with Flores- that's too bad, and definitely is not a good thing. I'm gonna guess Alejo hasn't liked getting so few minutes. Hope he can figure out a way to get back into the manager's plans...

Sounds like he is having trouble getting along with Flores- that's too bad, and definitely is not a good thing. I'm gonna guess Alejo hasn't liked getting so few minutes. Hope he can figure out a way to get back into the manager's plans...
for me it sounds as if he is too one dimensional for their play

Does it? Not quite seen enough of him to judge him fully but not sure how much better Bournemouth would be for game time. Rather him go somewhere he would be likely to start most games
Feel like the level there and their style of play would suit him. I don't think Solanke will be around for much longer either tbh.

Feel like the level there and their style of play would suit him. I don't think Solanke will be around for much longer either tbh.
You would think they would get a decent fee and replace Solanke though if he went. Just think it might be a bit optimistic to expect Veliz to get significant game time at a mid-table Prem club just after struggling to break through at 14th place Sevilla aswell as getting left out the squad and being called out by their manager.

View: https://x.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1775629050205094075?s=20

Dud loan at Sevilla - Bournemouth sounds like a much better option.

He's closer to one of the profiles we need at striker - tall, strong, good hold-up play and technical skill on the ball, danger on set pieces. Vision for a poacher's goal.

Much as it pains me to say but Toney really does fit that bill.

Reporter didn't mention loan for Bournemouth.

Any reason to think they wouldn't want to buy Veliz.

Quick 5m profit for us... Why not?

Gold:

Alejo Veliz (Sevilla)​

Alejo Veliz's disappointing loan spell at Sevilla has continued with the 20-year-old watching on from the substitutes' bench for another La Liga game as his side won 1-0 at Getafe.

The striker at least was in the squad this time, having not been included last time out against Celta Vigo in the match before the international break.

It was a loan move that promised plenty for the Argentine, handed the No.10 shirt and praised by his new manager soon after joining, but he has played just 23 minutes across three matches for the struggling La Liga outfit and the local media have been critical of the move.

You would think they would get a decent fee and replace Solanke though if he went. Just think it might be a bit optimistic to expect Veliz to get significant game time at a mid-table Prem club just after struggling to break through at 14th place Sevilla aswell as getting left out the squad and being called out by their manager.
More going on here than meets the eye I suspect.

If he's still on our books next year I would rather he went to a PL club, as getting minutes in a league he might be useful to us in seems more helpful than spending time abroad in a league where the style of play is totally different.

Dud loan at Sevilla - Bournemouth sounds like a much better option.

He's closer to one of the profiles we need at striker - tall, strong, good hold-up play and technical skill on the ball, danger on set pieces. Vision for a poacher's goal.

Much as it pains me to say but Toney really does fit that bill.
Does it? Not quite seen enough of him to judge him fully but not sure how much better Bournemouth would be for game time. Rather him go somewhere he would be likely to start most games
...well I imagine Brentford will have a slot to fill come the Summer!!!

Back
Top Bottom